Sheffield to get a Herd of Elephants

I like them. Not sure how many of them I've seen whilst driving, most probably.

Some are having running repairs done to them. From what I've seen it's more to do with excitable types sitting on them than malicious damage.

I was stuck in traffic on Commercial Street, and some bloke was trying to pile his 3 young kids on it to take a picture. I was cringing. Didn't look safe at all! :hihi:

:huh:

Well it'll make a nice change to the white elephants down the moor... :roll:

That's just reminded me of one of those acronyms you learned at school to help memorise things. EGBDF (elephants go bouncing down fargate) - see if anyone recognises it :)

That's just reminded me of one of those acronyms you learned at school to help memorise things. EGBDF (elephants go bouncing down fargate) - see if anyone recognises it :)

Every good boy deserves football!

every good boy deserves football!

:D

Never forget these things eh?!

The one in Hallam Square has been vandalised: someone broke one of the clear panels.

The one in Hallam Square has been vandalised: someone broke one of the clear panels.

The assay office one has been done as well. Someone has nicked the assay office badge.

I hope they can all be restored as they are to be auctioned off for the charity, and no one's goung to want a broken one.

The Liverpool lambananas were mentioned earlier. They are a great tourist attraction, and Scoucers are proud of them. They don't seem to get vandalised despite being around for years. If my memory serves they too were auctioned for charity and most were bought and returned to the streets.

Edited by foxy lady

I've "seen" them all now! It was fun, and very good exercise. Discovered a new cafe in the process.

I'm now going to sign up for the Virtual Stampede!

Take my advice and don't follow the trail of the missing elephant in the Hallam University Owen building. There isn't an elephant at the end, they're all in the foyer! Rather pointless really...

I've "seen" them all now! It was fun, and very good exercise. Discovered a new cafe in the process.

I'm now going to sign up for the Virtual Stampede!

Take my advice and don't follow the trail of the missing elephant in the Hallam University Owen building. There isn't an elephant at the end, they're all in the foyer! Rather pointless really...

hadn't been to Forge Dam in AGES and couldn't believe the transformation there - it used to be so dark and depressing but it's really opened up now.

The Hillsborough Park walled garden was a lovely surprise too and we had a very nice walk around Kelham Island and Victoria Quays so I think the Herd has been a welcome addition to Sheffield.

still got to get to Our Cow Molly

The one at Our Cow Molly was the best.

Went up to see that one the other day, cost me £15 for ice-cream whilst we were there, well, be rude not too...:hihi::hihi:

Went up to see that one the other day, cost me £15 for ice-cream whilst we were there, well, be rude not too...:hihi::hihi:

Similarly, although Bradfield Brewery "on the way back" cost me much more than the ice cream...