Hate preacher in town centre.

What book's that then?

Sorry got the age wrong by over 1000 years (oops). However I meant to say the Bible. A bunch of fairy stories packaged together as fact.

Fairy stories. mmmm. Stories, based on fact perhaps, that, over the years, have taken on a new meaning.

I'm no preacher but I would refer to the parable of the feeding of the two thousand.

Here endeth my little stint.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 10:36 ----------

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 10:47 ----------

OOPS! See, even I can get it wrong. I meant FIVE thousand, but then, who's counting,

...... put your hand up.

Fairy stories. mmmm. Stories, based on fact perhaps, that, over the years, have taken on a new meaning.

I'm no preacher but I would refer to the parable of the feeding of the two thousand.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

OOPS! See, even I can get it wrong. I meant FIVE thousand, but then, who's counting,

...... put your hand up.

My Bold

And all the food banks will have to close brilliant idea, bring it on

Edited by esme
quote tags

Just ask if he is familiar with John 8:7.

Shoulda shouted from the back "WHY DOES GOD GIVE INCURABLE ILLNESSES TO BABIES?"

Mod Note

Posts inciting violence and making sweepingly generalised anti homosexual comments have been removed.

Apparently I need to remind you again that we don't allow these things on this forum, there are plenty of forums that do I suggest you go use one of those if you feel the need to post these things.

Better to have him spouting abhorrent rubbish and showing people how bankrupt his faith is than to live in a country where freedom of speech is curtailed either by law or by threat of violence.

Yes, I know our freedom of speech isn't absolute in the UK but better here than, say, Bangladesh where three atheist bloggers have been hacked to death in recent months.

I know our freedom of speech isn't absolute in the UK but better here than, say, Bangladesh where three atheist bloggers have been hacked to death in recent months.

You'd think that after the second person was hacked to death that you'd just delete your blog.

Edited by TheRocketMan

Some absolute loony today in the town centre obviously made the best of the good weather by standing on a step ladder and decided to shove 'the word of god' down everyone's throat. I didn't stand along but he drew a relatively decent crowd which he probably wanted. Again, it's best not to give these types any attention, and even making this thread probably isn't helping. But when I'm just trying to shop why should I have to put up with really crass and homophobic comments. In this day and age it just shouldn't happen.

Just not nice to have really, even if it's the smallest margin of people who do it. Is there anything that can be done about it? I know freedom of speech is crucial, but isn't hate preaching just as bad.

Are those the ones that stand with the placards on Fargate?. Saying renounce your sins and marry God and the such like?. They are always there. :) :) :) :)

GOD BLESS US ALL.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 10:36 ----------

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 10:47 ----------

...... put your hand up.

You were probably right first time with two thousand you know how these stories get exaggerated

Much as it may pain you, they do have to buy a permit to be there rather than just turn up. Easiest way is to just walk on if it's not your bag. That works for me. I have to walk past what I call the 'satan stall' to go into work every morning. They're friendly enough but not saying anything I want to hear.