Would you go to see 'An audience with Jimmy SaVILE?'

Yes, I would go and see it and no it isn't too soon.

I find Alastair McGowan's impersonations amusing, but I think it is too soon and no, I wouldn't go and see it.

Which begs the question how can I get so upset about something I haven't even seen?

Seeing as it all happened ages ago its not too soon for me and any later it would become irrelevant.

In the Netherlands this would have been on the stage a month after the revelations. Not sure whether that is all that laudable though.

I don't understand why its a play and not a TV drama free for all.

Is it too soon to come out with a play?

The writer was on the tele during last weekend. He argued it was 30 years late.

Interestingly Savile was never charged with anything and certainly not convicted of anything. So regardless of the evidence and facts it is merely heresay.

The writer was on the tele during last weekend. He argued it was 30 years late.

Ai saw this, it was Jonathan Maitland on the Andrew Marr show. It was so interesting. He was explaining how telling the story in this way gave them the opportunity to put across information such as police interview transcripts, which otherwise come over as being really dry.

It sounds like a story long overdue and I do hope they make a film of it.

Interestingly Savile was never charged with anything and certainly not convicted of anything.

A legal defence, but certainly not an historical defence. The evidence is insurmountable.

Interestingly Savile was never charged with anything and certainly not convicted of anything. So regardless of the evidence and facts it is merely heresay.

If someone is murdered, but the culprit is never found, does that mean the murder didn't happen?

Hitler was never tried, but I think we can be fairly certain the holocaust happened.

Thought people might be interested in the theatre review by Quentin Letts, who has seen the play, giving it 4 out of 5 stars and the verdict 'serious theatre.'

He says:

'Can such a figure, his misdeeds so raw in our consciousness, really be fruitful material for a theatre production?... Before I went to the Park (Theatre) I had my doubts.

Having seen the show, I unhesitatingly say that this dramatisation is entirely justified - indeed it is necessary.

Here is drama taking a topical subject and asserting it's right to comment pungently on an all-too-recent scandal. That is an altogether legitimate function for theatre.

.... This is a striking, memorable, urgent piece of work. It holds a mirror up to our society and becomes a powerful 'J'accuse' which lands blows on people in public life.'

.... We also have the dramatic satisfaction of seeing Savile confronted by his sins, something he avoided in real life '

The full review is in today's Daily Mail. Interesting.