Mp pay goes up but expenses are curbed, Fair?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/11452903/MPs-lose-their-dinner-money-but-could-still-be-in-line-for-10-pay-rise.html

A 10% increase sounds good but sleeping in your office due to late nights and 70 hour weeks highlights there's more to this than meets the eye.

is 74k enough?

I think they get a food allowance, travel too.

Why does a 10% increase sound good?

Maybe if parliament was more spread out and generally better timetabled across the year they wouldnt need to do 60- 70 hour weeks.

The rest of the public sector and the public generally are seeing signifficant squeezes on their expenses ( if they get them) and terms and conditions and I doubt there are many who know a 10% pay rise is even being contemplated as a means of making it up to them.

Maybe if parliament was more spread out and generally better timetabled across the year they wouldnt need to do 60- 70 hour weeks.

The rest of the public sector and the public generally are seeing signifficant squeezes on their expenses ( if they get them) and terms and conditions and I doubt there are many who know a 10% pay rise is even being contemplated as a means of making it up to them.

Maybe if those that have second jobs concentrated on being an MP first they would not have to do all those hours.

So, yet another thread started by someone, who since a week last Thursday, has done nothing but moan and whinge about the outcome of the democratic process. Yet, when I comment on that, he questions why I am always going on about whinging lefties.

I know its hard for lefties to accept that others have an opinion, and we don't particularly agree with your nonsense, so while ever you keep posting your whinging threads, I reserve the right to object to your whinging.

But thanks anyway, for proving my point.