Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

Their standard rate starts at £3.88 When signing up as a registered supporter – rather than joining as a party member – people must agree to the declaration: “I support the aims and values of the Labour Party, and I am not a supporter of any organisation opposed to it.”

what are the aims of the labour party?

- to keep on repeating over and over that it was them who introduced benefits/health services/better work practices?

All well and good, but now we have all 3, and 2 of them need managing and funding with vast amounts of money. They've shown they can't manage money time and time again.

I don't think it matters where they stand now. They're over, certainly in the near future. The days of voting for who your Dad did are going away, and people vote for who they want. Labour voters will die off.

does that include tony blair and andrew balls?

yeah, it includes them, were they ever Labour? Labour is coming back to the people, Jeremy Corbyn is bringing it home, back to true Labour, not Blairs Labour, or any of the other wishy washy Red Tories Labour, but the hard working peoples Labour..

listen to this guy...

yeah, it includes them, were they ever Labour? Labour is coming back to the people, Jeremy Corbyn is bringing it home, back to true Labour, not Blairs Labour, or any of the other wishy washy Red Tories Labour, but the hard working peoples Labour..

listen to this guy...

so just like the labour of 1997-2010 but without the support of voters from the centre ground. i like the sound of that.

so just like the labour of 1997-2010 but without the support of voters from the centre ground. i like the sound of that.

no, nothing like the Labour of 1997-2010 fortunately....how can you even begin to imagine comparing Jeremy Corbyn to anyone that was around and in power at that era?

Labour codified their aims and aspirations in Clause 4; which Tony Blair changed in the mid 1990s. It's publically available to view.

What is the Tory's version of Clause 4 I wonder? Any suggestions?

Burnham is still favourite but I have a feeling Cooper might just make a surprise run in from the outside and will benefit more from 2nd choices. Kendall, although she had very little chance to begin with, now has no chance at all, and she must realise that if she quits Cooper will benefit more than anyone else.

"The preference voting system that the Labour Party employs for elections ... means you can vote for someone even if you suspect that it is unlikely they will win safely knowing that your second preference will count in the final count." [Copied from a betting site]

So apparently, all those first votes for Corbyn are knowingly protest votes with little expectation that he will win.