Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

I don't see why trying to promote more fairness, and helping those who need it is seen as 'left wing.' Nor does it preclude doing business with the great and the good to promote the best interests of this country. What's the problem?

Is it just this country (and maybe America,) who like to divide politics into two opposing forces without acknowledging any shades of grey?

Is it just this country (and maybe America,) who like to divide politics into two opposing forces without acknowledging any shades of grey?

It's the "first past the post" voting system:

"It is a common, but not universal, feature of electoral systems with single-member legislative districts, and generally results over time in a two-party competition" Wikipedia

So desperate have they allegedly become that it would appear that membership of the labour party is available at a give away price and you could pay as little as £1 a year. Their standard rate starts at £3.88 When signing up as a registered supporter – rather than joining as a party member – people must agree to the declaration: “I support the aims and values of the Labour Party, and I am not a supporter of any organisation opposed to it.”

With membership charges so low it is very tempting to join just to try and be sure they elect a new leader that will be most unlikely to be able to lead the party to win a general election.

As for the statement “I support the aims and values of the Labour Party," I do... I really do as long as they continue to help ensure no general election win in the forseeable future.

Seems like a few quid well spent if I can help to keep them out of office.

Their standard rate starts at £3.88 When signing up as a registered supporter – rather than joining as a party member – people must agree to the declaration: “I support the aims and values of the Labour Party, and I am not a supporter of any organisation opposed to it.”

what are the aims of the labour party?

- to keep on repeating over and over that it was them who introduced benefits/health services/better work practices?

All well and good, but now we have all 3, and 2 of them need managing and funding with vast amounts of money. They've shown they can't manage money time and time again.

I don't think it matters where they stand now. They're over, certainly in the near future. The days of voting for who your Dad did are going away, and people vote for who they want. Labour voters will die off.

I would say to put a stop to the rich getting huge pay rises and the poor living in destitute

I would say to put a stop to the rich getting huge pay rises and the poor living in destitute

does that include tony blair and andrew balls?

does that include tony blair and andrew balls?

yeah, it includes them, were they ever Labour? Labour is coming back to the people, Jeremy Corbyn is bringing it home, back to true Labour, not Blairs Labour, or any of the other wishy washy Red Tories Labour, but the hard working peoples Labour..

listen to this guy...

yeah, it includes them, were they ever Labour? Labour is coming back to the people, Jeremy Corbyn is bringing it home, back to true Labour, not Blairs Labour, or any of the other wishy washy Red Tories Labour, but the hard working peoples Labour..

listen to this guy...

so just like the labour of 1997-2010 but without the support of voters from the centre ground. i like the sound of that.

so just like the labour of 1997-2010 but without the support of voters from the centre ground. i like the sound of that.

no, nothing like the Labour of 1997-2010 fortunately....how can you even begin to imagine comparing Jeremy Corbyn to anyone that was around and in power at that era?

Labour codified their aims and aspirations in Clause 4; which Tony Blair changed in the mid 1990s. It's publically available to view.

What is the Tory's version of Clause 4 I wonder? Any suggestions?