Sheffield star electoral bias

Quick scan of yesterday's Star showed mp results but where were the results for local candidates on a ward by ward basis , couldn't find anything.

Very poor reporting !

Also could someone from the Star please justify a half page spread on election day by "columnist" Paul Bloomfield, which would cost anyone else at least £3k, but given to Paul for free

Also could someone from the Star please justify a half page spread on election day by "columnist" Paul Bloomfield, which would cost anyone else at least £3k, but given to Paul for free

If the Star support Labour they are perfectly in their rights to do so, there's no requirement for balance in print media.

If the Star support Labour they are perfectly in their rights to do so, there's no requirement for balance in print media.

Yep, absolutely.

As it happens though, they won't have a chance of major influence, because the new and latest left-stance is that Murdoch caused Tory to win. :roll:

So Sheffield Star have a definite Labour bias and because they are printed media this is acceptable?

I for one will be boycotting the Star, don't think I will be missing much?

Johnston Press really ought to try and introduce more neutral reporting, because at the moment I have absolutely no respect or trust in local media reporting.

So Sheffield Star have a definite Labour bias and because they are printed media this is acceptable?

I for one will be boycotting the Star, don't think I will be missing much?

Johnston Press really ought to try and introduce more neutral reporting, because at the moment I have absolutely no respect or trust in local media reporting.

You should read a copy of the Sun which is obviously a printed national paper. Bias is fairly prevalent there so to find it in a local rag that not many people read seems trivial in my opinion.

Quick scan of yesterday's Star showed mp results but where were the results for local candidates on a ward by ward basis , couldn't find anything.

Very poor reporting !

Oh Paul Bloomfield I do feel for him. He often gets mixed up with Paul Blomfield MP for Central.

Very poor reporting !

Don't the votes for the local elections get counted the next day?