Cameras on traffic lights

Looking forward to the day when a camera is situated on traffic lights to collar the roaduser jumping a red light.

Same here, this is a trick the councils have overlooked. GATSO's cause some animosity, while a red light camera is universally accepted.

Monitor traffic flow. Cameras to catch people out will be separate entities, usually big yellow boxes situated close to the junction.

We have been told by esteemed ex-council employees on the forum, that, even though they would ease traffic flow, yellow boxes are expensive to police.

This is probably why we have so many bus lane cameras and so many traffic jams after all, if you are stuck in a jam, you might go into a bus lane and lo and behold... £££ for the council.

No doubt whatever, any gizmos festooned on street furniture will be designed to lighten your wallet in some way or other.

Angel1.

This is the clever thing.Do not jump the light ,No problem.Ingenious concept.

We have been told by esteemed ex-council employees on the forum, that, even though they would ease traffic flow, yellow boxes are expensive to police.

This is probably why we have so many bus lane cameras and so many traffic jams after all, if you are stuck in a jam, you might go into a bus lane and lo and behold... £££ for the council.

Then do not go into the bus lane or the yellow box.Its so simple I cannot understand why its not adhered to.

I mean if ever there was a prime example for a camera is the yellow box and traffic lights near the bottom of Rutland Road.The times I have come down Penistone Road to the previously mentioned yellow box festooned with cars that have have shot through the RED light from the Langsett Road area