More people anti-austerity than pro

Looking at the sumamries of the political parties I couldn't help but notice that irrespective of who wins the election more people are anti-austerity than pro given there only appers to be one party planning more of the same.

Just don't understand why the Libdems, Greens, SNP, Plaid Cymru,Labour and UKIP can't get together to beat the Tories given it's abundantly clear that people have had enough of all the cutbacks.

So put bluntly if 33% vote for the Tories then the remaining 67% would prefer less austerity.

So that's how democracy works then!

You're also assuming that the only reason that the people are supporting the other parties is purely down to the spending cuts..

The Greens want to end Austerity, spend 85bn on green projects AND re-nationalise the trains.

That all sounds very cheap and affordable.

You want someone like that running the country??

I would love to know if Natalie Bennett believes what she says, or does she just offer the impossible to attract votes and in the knowledge she will never have to deliver.

Edited by loraward

I would love to know if Natalie Bennett believes what she says, or does she just offer the impossible to attack votes and in the knowledge she will never have to deliver.

It is fairly standard practise for small parties to promise the world on the stick, with zero thought as to how it could be delivered.

It's their greatest draw and their greatest deterrent at the same time.

Looking at the sumamries of the political parties I couldn't help but notice that irrespective of who wins the election more people are anti-austerity than pro given there only appers to be one party planning more of the same.

Just don't understand why the Libdems, Greens, SNP, Plaid Cymru,Labour and UKIP can't get together to beat the Tories given it's abundantly clear that people have had enough of all the cutbacks.

So put bluntly if 33% vote for the Tories then the remaining 67% would prefer less austerity.

Bizarre.

More people anti-austerity than pro ? No **** sherlock.

Is anyone PRO-austerity?

Yes, the people that have to pay the tax which supports the debt and public sector.

That's me, I'm not PRO austerity, I'm just savvy enough to know that you have to pay off debts.

Just watched QT and the anti-austerity parties (Green and SNP) think that we will get out of austerity by ploughing billions into public services.

SNP bloke said there are 117,000 people using foodbanks in Scotland, and we have to basically completely change everything to sort that out. Why not just give those people £30 a week instead, that wouldn't cost more than a few hundred million a year, until the deficit is cleared? I can't see how borrowing and spending billions more on public services will help in the long run.

That's me, I'm not PRO austerity, I'm just savvy enough to know that you have to pay off debts.

Just watched QT and the anti-austerity parties (Green and SNP) think that we will get out of austerity by ploughing billions into public services.

SNP bloke said there are 117,000 people using foodbanks in Scotland, and we have to basically completely change everything to sort that out. Why not just give those people £30 a week instead, that wouldn't cost more than a few hundred million a year, until the deficit is cleared? I can't see how borrowing and spending billions more on public services will help in the long run.

Employ another million full time public sector workers and give them all a minimum of £10 an hour and watch the tax come rolling in, the debt will soon be paid off. :D

The Greens are certainly on the left and take away Labours old left, but since the richest people at the top is less than 10% of the population, the massive number of people that benefit from rich peoples money will out vote the rich.

Who pays most of the taxes, rich people, we do want most of them to stay here.

I think your conflating, perhaps deliberately, the number of parties with the people who actually support/believe in those parties.

There are a lot of parties on the left plaid, SNP, greens and Labour but we have yet to see whether they have a majority, in terms of seats or popular vote. The BBC poll of polls puts Labour on 33%, greens on 5%, others on 6%. That's a total of 44%.

UKIP are certainly not anti-austerity, their economic plans would involve more cuts than the coservatives. Lib Dems have promised to eliminate the deficit within 3 years borrowing less than Labour so not anti austerity either. Arguably Labour are barely anti austerity.