Middlewood road noise

Not a clue which firm is doing what, but we are being kept awake by some workmen digging up Middlewood Road, with no notification and work starting at midnight.

Not amused!

Well I was notified about 4 weeks ago ( at least) it's on going for about 4 nights

Well I was notified about 4 weeks ago ( at least) it's on going for about 4 nights

Yep - we got a note through the door. Didn't really affect us too much, and was pleased to see they'd all packed up first thing this morning. Driving back home last night around Middlewood Road/Parkside Road at 9pm was a pain.

I am aware that the tram network is being worked on, but I thought it was only from Hillsborough tramstop south, I couldn't/can't find any notification that they were going to work on Middlewood Road.

It didn't last too long (or the wine did its work) but I was not amused either way.

I am aware that the tram network is being worked on, but I thought it was only from Hillsborough tramstop south, I couldn't/can't find any notification that they were going to work on Middlewood Road.

It didn't last too long (or the wine did its work) but I was not amused either way.

It could be the street lamps? I got a letter a few weeks back notifying me it was going to be happening soon.

Try asking the workmen what they are doing. It's possible they might know.

I love getting out of bed and wandering down in my boxers to ask some workmen if they can keep the noise down a bit. Oddly, I don't think it would have made a lot of difference :(

The works at the Leppings Lane stop looked like something to do with the real time information boards they are installing as they were cutting in between the tracks.

I saw the signs up and seemingly working yesterday, this could be it, but that still doesn't explain the timing off it.

Anyway, just being grumpy I suppose.

They were doing the same last week through the night. Looked to be resurfacing the road around the tracks (on the stretch between Leppings Lane and Middlewood stops). We didn't get any notice, but I'm not sure that it would have made any difference if we had! Just thankful for double glazing! And impressed that they're working through the night to get the works done.