Talk Talk worst customer service ever!

Virgin Media have swapped my Broadband account to Talk Talk and what a nightmare Talk Talk have been. From them cocking up the collection of the Direct Debit and blaming me to cocking up my login to my own account and blaming me just a stream of bad practice, disingenuous (being polite there), lying, incompetence. The only part of their customer service that seems to work is making a direct payment through one of their advisers (and it remains to be seen whether that has worked). Everything else is a complete mess. Anyone know if I'm missing something when I deal with them?

Virgin Media swapped our Broadband to Talk Talk too, but my OH has an EE mobile so we decided to go the whole hog and have the full package from them instead....2 weeks of incomptency and bare-faced lies from them, a neighbours account linked to ours, failed delivery of router and TV box...hung up on by Customer Services...I filled in a monitoring form to Ofcom because their service had been appalling....can't wait for Virgin Media to put their Fibre Optic system in place as we'll be going straight back to them.

Make notes of phone calls with thim, e-mail their complaints dept and tell them you've filled in a Monitoring Form to Ofcom...Ofcom wont at take actual action for your personal case, but the form alerts them to malpractices which they will monitor and then investigate if there's regular complaints of the same nature.

Good luck, x

Exactly the reason I changed to Sky for all my broadband and phone calls, their customer service is just useless. It is because they mainly use agency staff who just dont have a clue! The best one I had was trying to order a new router to replace faulty one, got told I had to pay for it, so after a long arguement I agreed, router never turned up, rang them back was told I never ordered one so I said can you order me one again to be answered I thought you said you had already ordered it aaaargh The only bonus was they are so incompetent that I was never charged for it.

Exactly the reason I changed to Sky for all my broadband and phone calls, their customer service is just useless. It is because they mainly use agency staff who just dont have a clue! The best one I had was trying to order a new router to replace faulty one, got told I had to pay for it, so after a long arguement I agreed, router never turned up, rang them back was told I never ordered one so I said can you order me one again to be answered I thought you said you had already ordered it aaaargh The only bonus was they are so incompetent that I was never charged for it.

Sky are completely useless.In the last week I have had three attempts to phone them and each time I have put the phone down after 15 minutes because nobody has answered.I have also had several unsuccessful attempts to use their live chat service,it came up"service busy,try again later"at every attempt.Finally,in their wisdom,Sky have done away with their E.Mail contact service.

Thanks for the link.

From the article:

Virgin Media is in the process of transferring 100,000 non-cable broadband and home phone customers to TalkTalk.

But further down a customer states:

"It’s deeply unfair that Virgin is penalising us because we live in areas with no fibre optic cables"

So are ALL copper-broadband Virgin Media customers such as myself likely to be affected, or just those living out in the middle of nowhere?

Thanks for the link.

From the article:

Virgin Media is in the process of transferring 100,000 non-cable broadband and home phone customers to TalkTalk.

But further down a customer states:

"It’s deeply unfair that Virgin is penalising us because we live in areas with no fibre optic cables"

So are ALL copper-broadband Virgin Media customers such as myself likely to be affected, or just those living out in the middle of nowhere?

My understanding is that if you have a BT line but are billed by Virgin then you will move to TalkTalk. Basically Virgin want to concentrate on their core business via their cables. A sensible move for them but not for customers as TT don't have a great record.

My understanding is that if you have a BT line but are billed by Virgin then you will move to TalkTalk. Basically Virgin want to concentrate on their core business via their cables. A sensible move for them but not for customers as TT don't have a great record.

Thank you, I should be OK then, as I have phone and Internet through Virgin.

Yes, I've heard bad things about TalkTalk's service. Mind you, the service and support from Virgin Media's leased lines aren't that great either (this is the fibre Internet connection they sell to businesses for a five-figure sum per year). When it works, it's fantastic, but when it fails, you might as well close up for the day and send all your staff home.

Thank you, I should be OK then, as I have phone and Internet through Virgin.

Yes, I've heard bad things about TalkTalk's service. Mind you, the service and support from Virgin Media's leased lines aren't that great either (this is the fibre Internet connection they sell to businesses for a five-figure sum per year). When it works, it's fantastic, but when it fails, you might as well close up for the day and send all your staff home.

Is you phone and internet via a BT phone line though?