Owls v Huddersfield

Gazza58

Yes i know its a bit early to be starting a match thread but its a bit quiet on here at the moment.Anyway now we know we are looking at a mid table finish and only need another point to improve on lasts year total,we might aswell try a few things out with the players SG knows will still be here next season.Personally I wouldn't play nuhiu again this season,SG knows what he is capable of so if Bus is fit,and we are to sign keane in the summer then they need to be playing now,if keane isn't going to be signing then lets try Bus / May or Bus/lavery,but we do need to use this time to our advantage and give us a bit of a head start going into next season.

Yes i know its a bit early to be starting a match thread but its a bit quiet on here at the moment.Anyway now we know we are looking at a mid table finish and only need another point to improve on lasts year total,we might aswell try a few things out with the players SG knows will still be here next season.Personally I wouldn't play nuhiu again this season,SG knows what he is capable of so if Bus is fit,and we are to sign keane in the summer then they need to be playing now,if keane isn't going to be signing then lets try Bus / May or Bus/lavery,but we do need to use this time to our advantage and give us a bit of a head start going into next season.

Too soon to dump Nuhui in my opinion. Scored and help set up the winner at Rotherham. We all know he has shortcomings but he hasn't lost his enthusiasm the way Antonio did.

Maybe he'll have to be replaced next season but that's going to depend on the level of funding available, something we still don't know.

I don't mean dump nuhiu jim,its just we know what he can/cant do ,so not a lot to gain from keep playing him,i just think we should use this time to try other things out,even if Atte had scored 30 goals this season I would still suggest it.

I would definitely like to see some of the youngsters get some burn (is that an Americanism btw?) at this stage of the season the growth that lads like Lavery, Stobbs and so on can make by actually being on the pitch is enormous, not too much pressure, get used to the environment and so on. More enormous than whether we finish 10th or 13th in my opinion.

Joe Wildsmith has gone to Barnsley and as I understand it is about to play this weekend, huge opportunity for the kid and very pleased he is getting it. Playing time for young goalies is hard to come by in the league.

As for predictions for this game, we always seem to struggle a bit with 't Field, so I don't know what it will be...

Yes Tim that's an Americanism ;)

I agree we should look at bringing on a few of the young ones to get a look at them - after all if they can play on our pitch that would mean that they can play! I do believe Lavery should most certainly be on otherwise it was unfair to bring him back from Chesterfield where he was doing well for them.

Gazza - you frightened me to death for a minute - I just thought I had lost a week and was going to the match tomorrow which meant a complete rearrangement of my day! It was only for a minute but please don't do that again! A few days premature - nearly sent me into panic mode! :hihi:

I agree, rest some of the regulars, rotate the ones who are there or thereabouts, and build up the togetherness and spirit throughout the whole squad. We may pay a bit with results, we would get loadsa gyp from the red side as we 'lose our way', but it would be invaluable to the new lads, and the young 'uns.

I'm coming up to see my sister so I'll be attending this game, it's not often I get to games these days as I don't live in the area. So it will be a fishcake in a BBC (yummy) from the Chinese on Penistone Rd before the game, then onto see the mighty Owls win 3-0, i'll be in the north. Calling in at Crich tramway museum on the way up on Friday and Chatsworth on the way home on Sunday, roll on Easter.

I'm coming up to see my sister so I'll be attending this game, it's not often I get to games these days as I don't live in the area. So it will be a fishcake in a BBC (yummy) from the Chinese on Penistone Rd before the game, then onto see the mighty Owls win 3-0, i'll be in the north. Calling in at Crich tramway museum on the way up on Friday and Chatsworth on the way home on Sunday, roll on Easter.

A BBC? From the Chinese? :help:

It does not just mean British Broadcasting Corporation and... uhmmmm... Big Black C... than?

It does not just mean British Broadcasting Corporation and... uhmmmm... Big Black C... than?

I must have been left too long, Potty has it below,

cake chips and a BBC, maybe you're from the younger generation?:)

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 14:17 ----------

Sorry Tim, you're obviously not from Sheffield although you are probably from western europe looking at your sentence construction, i'd hazard a guess you're from Holland, I could be wrong but i'd bet money on it, please accept my apologies.