New Blades kit revealed today.

Just said this on the radio. Next seasons adidas home kit will be revealed today and the team will play in it against Port Vale. The shirts will then be auctioned via Ebay and all of the money raised will go to British Heart Foundation in memory of Blades legend Shred.

Let's hope that there are a couple of rich people willing to get in a bidding war to help such a wonderful cause.

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 12:59 ----------

Welcome to the forum too green man.

Whilst the donation to the British Heart Foundation is an excellent gesture I have to say the shirts are bloody awful.

OK I'm an old bugger, and as such a bit of a traditionalist but we just didn't look like Sheffield United out there today.

Those shirts would make excellent away shirts but look completely wrong at the Lane.

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 19:06 ----------

Is this a wind up?

I wish it was. :(

They are terrible aren't they and no i'm not trying to wind up. I always think about us playing each other and i like both teams in their traditional strips, or near as possible.

They are terrible aren't they and no i'm not trying to wind up. I always think about us playing each other and i like both teams in their traditional strips, or near as possible.

I'm the same, I even managed to get annoyed at Wednesday when you played in that Arsenal style shirt, looked daft, especially on Mobley who was half man half tree to start off with.

It's supposedly based on our kit 1890ish but we are red and white stripes and I really wish they'd stop messing with it as most supporters like a bit of tradition.

Going by what they were saying on p+g I thought there was no stripes at all but to be fair there some. Looks awful though and the stripes that are there you can barely see anyway

yep, i hated that strip as well, it's a great sight when their both in their proper strips, if we play you next season i'll feel cheated when we beat you lol

The 'red' bits aren't even red.

They are in fact, that's a bad photo, but still doesn't make me any happier about it.

There's a thread on bladesmad at the minute which currently has 55 responses the majority of which are not happy to say the least. :rant:

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 19:25 ----------

Going by what they were saying on p+g I thought there was no stripes at all but to be fair there some. Looks awful though and the stripes that are there you can barely see anyway

Well I sit about halfway up the John St stand and all of the mates who I sit with and me were convinced there were no stripes.

One of the mates had his 19 year old lad with him and he assured us that there were red pinstripes on the shirt.

We were not placated. :(

Ouch they do look awful. I always hated the Owls Yellow Away kit...hate it for you Blades too yerk.