Mugging / attack in NGH woods off Barnsley Road

Why don't they build a multi storey car park?

They're probably not cheap, for starters. Also, let's not forget, providing parking of any kind may well be frowned upon by the national and local planning guidance, as their emphasis tends to be on encouraging public transport use.

Yes, they're a lovely bunch of lasses indeed :) but I don't like reading reports of them getting attacked whilst walking through the woods back to their cars.

The NGH should provide enough car parking spaces for their staff. It's not like they're short on land.

Please note not only nurses work at the NGH. My wife works there in admin and although we only live around the corner I make her carry an alarm. Saying that recently whilst going to her car one of her colleagues was chased down one of the side roads by a group of Eastern European men, she fell and broke her arm.

In answer to the question of staff parking, staff pay to get a permit but are not guaranteed a space in the allocated lots. The NGH is only interested in the £sqft they can achieve on parking. Disgusting.

not sure when this was but in the last week or so, but hear theres been another attack near A+E theres a small path from where abulances are . My question is why arnt they more security staff at ngh !! shocking that staff arnt safe going or coming home from a top job they do.

• 3 weeks later...

The NGH is to erect a fence along the perimeter of the hospital to prevent anyone getting in or out of the hospital grounds in the area where the attacks have taken place.

I guess it's a step in the right direction but a drop in the ocean when considering the size of the site and the shortfalls in the level of security currently.

Working CCTV cameras would be a help. There are some dotted around, but I know of instances where, when an incident occurs, the cameras are 'not working' or have 'no film in them'. Unless they happen to be trained on the Consultant or Management designated car parks of course.