Why is blacklist not racist?

so why are we still allow blacklists? No one though of it

You are a fine example of the educational system of this once fine country.

Very amusing. Are you not standing against racism on another thread at the moment Halibut? :suspect::suspect:

I always stand against racism whenever I find it; doesn't stop me saying 'Darky' in the context in which I did.

As with all words it depends on the context - a point which seems wholly lost on you.

I always stand against racism whenever I find it; doesn't stop me saying 'Darky' in the context in which I did.

As with all words it depends on the context - a point which seems wholly lost on you.

No. There was no need whatsoever to say that word. No need at all. Its no good pretending to stand against racism, then say things like this, just because of a "context" argument. You just seem to enjoy spouting offensive terms all the time, and a few idiot sheep think its funny too. I don't, and neither do many others.

Theres nothing lost on me at all, but there does seem to be dark side to your character.

One final chance to behave like adults and if you can't then I will be happy to issue bans.

If you have a cogent argument to make make it but the slinging around of offensive terms merely to get a reaction will NOT be tolerated

Edited by mort

so why are we still allow blacklists? No one though of it

Well that's what a thesaurus is for. If you're unsure about using certain words, you can always find an alternative.

Theres nothing lost on me at all

Sadly, there is : logic, and rational argument.

Halibut.

You have given me a couple of real laugh out loud moments on this thread.

I thank you for that.

The contextual element seems to be getting lost a little in the discussion.

One is whether we should be offended by a word used in a discussion, the other is about if we should be offended by a word used only to make a point within that discussion.

In one instance its used as a tool to highlight a point, in the other its used as a derogatory term and meant as such.

I think the problem is that kelly needs to score a point against cyclone to make up for the one he won by being offended by the word "chinky".

As for as people being offended by what anyone says im in the Stephen Fry camp.

Pardon the pun ;)

---------- Post added 20-02-2015 at 00:29 ----------

I get it and im a chav!

When we have to call it chalkboard etc etc. how did blacklist get away from being ban from use?

Kids in Scotland have to call it a wipe board now.

---------- Post added 20-02-2015 at 03:38 ----------

Should we change >> Manhole cover to, …People cover? Stop singing Baa Baa Black Sheep. political correctness is doing my nut in.

Should we change >> Manhole cover to, …People cover? Stop singing Baa Baa Black Sheep. political correctness is doing my nut in.

They have stopped singing that song. At one point they were singing baa baa blue sheep! Also remember the swimming certificates that now have the green man on.

No they don't. You made that up.

They have stopped singing that song. At one point they were singing baa baa blue sheep! Also remember the swimming certificates that now have the green man on.

I don't remember swimming certificates with green men on!

My kids are still getting taught baa baa black sheep at nursery x