The finest signing in Sheffield togger history

cuttsie

I did say it was re-launched Joe. :)

I had a Sister in law that was absolutely football crackers, went to The Lane and Owlerton on alternate Saturdays, lodged Deano and Bob Booker and fed most of Bassets team, Her mister sat next to Dooley at all Uniteds matches and met countless players, but she would argue with anyone who said that Dooley wasn't the best player to grace the field for a Sheffield team, his accident was a grievous blow to football as well as him and one can only imagine what heights he would have reached.

I had a Sister in law that was absolutely football crackers, went to The Lane and Owlerton on alternate Saturdays, lodged Deano and Bob Booker and fed most of Bassets team, Her mister sat next to Dooley at all Uniteds matches and met countless players, but she would argue with anyone who said that Dooley wasn't the best player to grace the field for a Sheffield team, his accident was a grievous blow to football as well as him and one can only imagine what heights he would have reached.

Couldn't agree more.

He wasn't as good as Waddle though:)

How old are you? :hihi:

Waddle was a tricky winger with absolutely no bottle. I saw TC sort out Tommy Smith, the Anvil Iron.

Smith acknowledged the fact in his autobiography 'I did it the Hard Way'.

Waddle would have developed congenital diarrhoea if he'd have ever met Tommy. :hihi: :hihi:

Waddle was a tricky winger with absolutely no bottle. I saw TC sort out Tommy Smith, the Anvil Iron.

Smith acknowledged the fact in his autobiography 'I did it the Hard Way'.

Waddle would have developed congenital diarrhoea if he'd have ever met Tommy. :hihi: :hihi:

What you drinking, special brew?

:

Old enough to know the difference between Divisions 1 and 2 :wink:

Currie was an exciting player, no doubt about that, but he wasn't as good as Waddle. He also played a substantial amount of his main career in Division 2. Waddle didn't do that until very late in his own career.

Currie always struck me as a very pretty player, but one who ultimately lacked that X-factor that could have made him into a world beater.

If you want to see Waddle's X-factor in full flow, get some videos of Paul Warhurst's goals as an emergency centre forward in 1992/3. Almost all of them are a result of Warhurst's pace and Waddle's vision and passing range. Warhurst got the England call up:rolleyes:

Two fine players, no doubt about it. But I do think that Waddle edges it.

Old enough to know the difference between Divisions 1 and 2 :wink:

Currie was an exciting player, no doubt about that, but he wasn't as good as Waddle. He also played a substantial amount of his main career in Division 2. Waddle didn't do that until very late in his own career.

Currie always struck me as a very pretty player, but one who ultimately lacked that X-factor that could have made him into a world beater.

If you want to see Waddle's X-factor in full flow, get some videos of Paul Warhurst's goals as an emergency centre forward in 1992/3. Almost all of them are a result of Warhurst's pace and Waddle's vision and passing range. Warhurst got the England call up:rolleyes:

Two fine players, no doubt about it. But I do think that Waddle edges it.

Currie was not only a tremendous player, he had courage and could look after himself which in the days he played the game you needed to be able to do.

Waddle was a decent player but a lightweight and bottleless, he was brilliant when there was no pressure but couldn't handle it when there was.

Always remember him when asked to take a penalty, men walking up to the scaffold have looked more positive. :)

Always remember him when asked to take a penalty, men walking up to the scaffold have looked more positive. :)

He was better from a few yards further back ;)