The finest signing in Sheffield togger history

cuttsie

Derek Dooley 63 appearances 63 goals. Has to be up there - the board should suffer forever for what they did but D D never fell out of love with his club.

Des Walker was one of my favourite players his positioning and organising was wonderful even though he had past his best/speediest days when we got him.

My father used to tell me Bronco Lane - before the scandal was the best ever Wednesday player - babe in arms at the time so I never saw him play.

We have had some great centre forwards, Dooley [no one] Lane, Ritchie the bush kangaroo , Lee Chapman,[shaggers:hihi:] Hirsty [no two] and now big Dave :hihi:

There are several who were signed as kids for United and went on to make the club millions.

It would have been good to see them stay and play together in the full team for longer.

Who do you think was the best one..? .... I've always thought Kyle Walker is a good player...

---------- Post added 17-01-2015 at 22:08 ----------

You can't nominate family members. :D

Wednesday's early 90's team had some quality players ... But it revolved round Sheridan IMO....

Two signings that spring to mind are Lawrie Madden & Trevor Francis.

Both Free's but both different in There own way.

Madden-methodical, steady, dependable & would run through a brick wall. Came as a washed out stop gap and stayed for 10 years.

Francis-Skilful, deceptively quick, one of the best crossers of a ball I have ever seen & scorer of important goals. Came as been there/done that striker turned winger and wrote an important chapter in the clubs history.

Remarkably, both where subs in the 1991 League cup win.