Best restaurant's in Sheffield city centre?

Natasha84

Verogusto the best restaurant in Sheffield bang facing the entrance to St Maries unfortunately does not open while 4 pm now

I'd have to agree with this.

Not the cheapest, and doesn't really look that much from outside (not bad, but the interior is loads better).

Inside it has lovely decor, extremely attentive staff and great food.

Recommended.

I think Gusto is overrated the food is expensive and i've paid much less for better.

Piccolino's and Browns are both chain places and whilst better than the average chain place can be hit and miss.

I've always found Silversmiths to be good but the opening times may not suit your needs.

Sheffield has a bit of a dearth of good restaurants in the centre.

Vero Gusto, best restaurant in Sheffield end of, in my opinion.....

Browns is an awful Mitchell and Butlers chain rubbish place. Picolinos is another chain, better, but still not great, depends what you want. A lot of restaurants might not be interested in 20/30 people turning up at once and expecting to be served together.

At Vero Gusto the food is all home made and very tasty indeed. It's not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for and good value. The wine selection is excellent.

Why not contact Vero Gusto to see if they'd arrange a private party or a private start to your party?

Maybe a good idea because I have just thought that most christenings are usually on a Sunday and Verogusto are closed on Sundays.

Browns is an awful Mitchell and Butlers chain rubbish place. .

out of all the options there, Brown is the most family friendly place out of the lot. Very open to having kids around and dont frown upon mothers from breastfeeding either.

I love piccolinos, but its not really the place for little ones. Just a bit too fancy for a christening meal with lots of small kids.