Another 'check my site' post

Your site looks ok colour wise but is a bit plain, I think you need to get some kind of imagery in there whether it be photos or illustrations as at the moment it just looks a little empty and unfinished. I would add some kind of footer along with social links to give the pages a little more shape. Content wise you've made a good start and have an easy to read writing style.

Does WIX have any built in SEO? I can't see that you've added any meta tags and you need to expand on your page titles.

I'm a bit confused about the PracticeSheffield Facebook setup that is in your examples, the link on their website takes you to a personal profile under the same name and looks similar but presumably not what you have worked on? - https://www.facebook.com/practicesheffield) are they two pages?

You site doesn't really say who you are and is very impersonal, I have no idea if you are a sole trader, a partnership, who is going to be doing this social work? are you a company?

I noticed a typo on the 'our clients' page - managemnt

Practice what you preach...this is a very unsocial media website (boring template, boring text and I have not got a clue what you are offering)!

Erm, the last blog date post if July..... Maybe you need to get a bit more activity here, as this is the sort of thing you are trying to do......?

Or are you,he says cynically, just trying to drum up business?

Hi everyone, thanks for your help.

No not trying to drum up business, yet :)

I know it's a bit dull at the moment, I'm going to add some images when I have had them taken, it's very early days yet and I tried stock images but I thought they looked unprofessional.

I'll add the tags etc as well as changing the link to the facebook page, not profile.

Just to be clear, I started writing blogs before the business was ready, hence the big gap,as I should have really waited until I was ready.

Do you think I should add an 'about us' page which profiles me and others who work there?

Do you think I should add an 'about us' page which profiles me and others who work there?

Yes...and include an address for the business so customers know it is real and is not being run from someone's bedroom!

I find the two contrasting circles very distracting whilst trying to read your text and there are numerous spelling errors. If you are going to be acting as a social media company you will have to get your copy right.

Okay..here you go

http://oi57.tinypic.com/yypax.jpg

This is what I see. I surf with javascript turned OFF for domains that I don't know and trust. I am used to seeing a site with disabled functionality, and choosing which domains to allow and which not to

I don't want to allow all those

I might allow the ones I choose to (often you can get an eye for which is providing a function and which is an ad-server or tracking dropper

A white page with a load of links doesn't inspire trust, I see "wix" and I think "homegrown crappy site, little effort" and I go away

That might be unfair but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I GO AWAY. I bounce. I don't see what you're offering. I'm lost to you.

All websites should have something to see, even for fussy browsers like me, because most visitors are the same in that they make a decision on under 3 seconds whether to stay on your site or not. Sorry, may sound harsh but it's a pet hate

Edited by Squiggs

We come from a background of business and building a strong online customer flow, we can do the same for you as well...

This I would reword.

thanks for the input, I will try my best to address all the issues you've raised.

When you say you would reword that bit, what in particular would you change and why? (Just trying to get a bit more detail so I can change improve it)