Mass shootings in America

^ it's as though they are all taking part in some sick twisted black comedy.

Try taking to seemingly normal sane Americans about gun control. The deluded excuses they come up with is staggering.

They are collectively mad. What do we do with them apart from keep them as contained as possible in North America?

They are collectively mad. What do we do with them apart from keep them as contained as possible in North America?

We build a wall. A big, beautiful wall.

To keep the Americans in

To keep the Americans in

Great comment:hihi:

To keep the Americans in

They'll pay for it right? It'll be the best wall, the greatest wall, making walls great again.

Absolutely love this tweet from a concerned citizen.

"Can the Left let the families grieve for even 24 hours before they push their anti-gun and anti-gunowner agenda? My goodness. This isn't about a gun it's about another lunatic."

Yes BUT a lunatic with a gun!!!

This says it all.

John Crescitelli, a family doctor and 15 year-old Sarah Crescitelli’s father, was shaking as he was reunited with his daughter. He feared she had been killed.

“These school shootings have to stop. This is crazy. My son’s football coach died. It’s horrible,” he said. “It’s like Columbine across the street from my house.”

Asked by the Guardian if the tragedy should lead to stricter gun control for people with mental health issues, he replied: “I don’t want to get into a gun debate. I really don’t. What are you going to do? Confiscate everybody’s guns? We have millions and millions of weapons … I’m a gun owner. I don’t want the government taking my gun.”

Michael Irwin, another parent whose son attended the school, shared Crescitelli’s view.

“All the regulation in the world wouldn’t have prevented necessarily what happened today. It’s something that’s tragic, but what regulation can you pass that takes away the guns that are already out there?” he said.

His son was waiting to hear if one of his close classmates was among the dead. By late Wednesday evening, Irwin said, the student was still missing.

you cant make it up, the fear of losing your child is the biggest fear of all parents (right minded ones obviously) yet to americans the fear of losing their gun is far worse Oo

Surely your child goes to school to learn, in safety, NOT come home in a body bag

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 11:47 ----------

According to one article I read there has been this year so far on average been a school shooting every 60 hours. So, as the weekend is coming up and schools are closed, Monday it is for the next one then?

i read theres been 18 SCHOOL shootings this year so far, and theres been 261 since 2013, the average is about 1 a week

"Can the Left let the families grieve for even 24 hours before they push their anti-gun and anti-gunowner agenda? My goodness. This isn't about a gun it's about another lunatic."

In the 70’s and 80’s the left and the ACLU made it much more difficult to involuntarily commit mentally disturbed people, or people who had minor run-ins with the law that pointed towards future violence. Moreover, they took much of the legal power to commit a disturbed individual away from physicians, and they transfered many of those powers to judges. So instead of medical professionals having the authority to commit disturbed and potentially dangerous people, they gave much of that power to judges who have no professional training in psychiatry. Unfortunately, many judges in our country play to political agendas above all else, not the true interests of what’s best for society.

After the left took many committing powers away from medical professionals, and gave that power to politically pandering judges, the left then made an effort to shutdown most of the mental institutions across the country. It’s true that there were some mental institutions back then where terrible patient abuses occurred. However, those abuses only occurred in a small minority of institutions overall. This shooting in Florida is the same old story! Apparently numerous people have reported to the media that this shooter in Florida had signs of rage and potential violence all over the place. This is yet another shooting in this country where there were glaring warning signs that this shooter was really bad news. In the past it was much easier to commit such people involuntarily in mental institutions before they could commit such carnage. The left and the ACLU took all that away, America has paid a price in corpses ever since because of what they did!

They always come out with "Now is not the time to talk about gun control" in the immediate aftermath, but funnily enough they never come back and say "ok, now is the time"

In the 70’s and 80’s the left and the ACLU made it much more difficult to involuntarily commit mentally disturbed people, or people who had minor run-ins with the law that pointed towards future violence. Moreover, they took much of the legal power to commit a disturbed individual away from physicians, and they transfered many of those powers to judges. So instead of medical professionals having the authority to commit disturbed and potentially dangerous people, they gave much of that power to judges who have no professional training in psychiatry. Unfortunately, many judges in our country play to political agendas above all else, not the true interests of what’s best for society.

After the left took many committing powers away from medical professionals, and gave that power to politically pandering judges, the left then made an effort to shutdown most of the mental institutions across the country. It’s true that there were some mental institutions back then where terrible patient abuses occurred. However, those abuses only occurred in a small minority of institutions overall. This shooting in Florida is the same old story! Apparently numerous people have reported to the media that this shooter in Florida had signs of rage and potential violence all over the place. This is yet another shooting in this country where there were glaring warning signs that this shooter was really bad news. In the past it was much easier to commit such people involuntarily in mental institutions before they could commit such carnage. The left and the ACLU took all that away, America has paid a price in corpses ever since because of what they did!

So, to review, you think its better to lock up people who haven't committed a crime rather than implement gun control.

The United States of America ladies and gentlemen - land of the free

They just said the 18th school shooting this year, then the Governor of Florida saying how can this happen in this country, unbelievable that he can ask that question. I am sure I read the lad that did it had the gun legally, that's how it happens because obviously the gun laws are too lax. Apparently he had spoken of shooting at the school before, why was this not looked into especially as he was known to be mad about guns.

So, to review, you think its better to lock up people who haven't committed a crime rather than implement gun control.

The United States of America ladies and gentlemen - land of the free

And do we think the Republicans have been putting plenty of money into mental health services to reduce the overall level of risk from the small numbers of people who might do something like this?

It's been said before but the best way of stopping these mass shootings is to ban the sale of weapons that can fire quickly, for a long time, and be reloaded quickly. Which means banning semi-automatic assault rifles. (Automatic weapons being banned or heavily restricted already in most states).

Ban semi automatic pistols as well.

They would still have the right to bear arms; semi-autos are not needed for target shooting or hunting. Bolt action rifles are the usual weapon for that.

Can't see it happening though.