Brain tumour 5 year old taken by parents

This is a very sad story and to charge the parents with child abuse would be totally wrong. The boy is extremely ill. Parents of very sick children are desperate and do things that they would normally not do. They will be clutching at straws and will take any chance they can get if it may help their son. I truly feel for them in their predicament and hope they are found soon. What they need is sympathy and understanding, Bonzo77, not charging with a crime.

I don't know the full story here. First I heard that the removal of the child was due to the fact that the parents didn't want the child to have a blood transfusion due to religious reasons. If that is the case, then the last thing they need is sympathy and understanding.

Now i'm hearing that the boys condition is terminal and he only has several weeks left to live. If that's the case, then I can fully understand the parents actions and agree with you 100%.

They havent actually broken the law.

Maybe they didnt want their son to spend his last days with wires & pipes coming out of him in a hospital surrounded by strangers.

We are obsessed in this country of keeping people alive regardless of their quality of life.

If the child had needed a life saving blood transfusion and the parents had refused, the hospital would have applied for him to be made a Ward of Court. This is almost always granted. Put yourself in their shoes, parents of a terminally ill child, what would you do? If you have never been in that situation, I don`t think you can pass judgement on them.

They havent actually broken the law.

Maybe they didnt want their son to spend his last days with wires & pipes coming out of him in a hospital surrounded by strangers.

We are obsessed in this country of keeping people alive regardless of their quality of life.

There are plenty of opportunities for people to spend their last days at home, and if that is not possible there are hospices. We don't live in the dark ages any more and if this poor child was approaching the end of their life, then the medics would have done their upmost to ensure that the families last days were as comfortable as possible for everyone concerned.

The media are making a lot of this story at the moment implying that somehow the parents "stole" the child and fled abroad.

In fact what they did was remove their child against medical advice. I wasn't aware that was a crime. If they want their child to spend his last days in Spain surrounded by his loving family rather than in hospital connected to tubes and drips then isn't that their prerogative?

Why are the police involved. Why are the family being criminalised?

I'm not sure myself. The parents disagree with the treatment being given and are perfectly entitled to look at alternatives regardless of what the so called experts say.

There are plenty of opportunities for people to spend their last days at home, and if that is not possible there are hospices. We don't live in the dark ages any more and if this poor child was approaching the end of their life, then the medics would have done their upmost to ensure that the families last days were as comfortable as possible for everyone concerned.

Its not for us to judge and its now turned into a media witch hunt.

The police shoulda just said take him to any hospital but now they are being treated like criminals on the run.

Just ignore the media.

Surely if the reason to take him out of hospital was so he could spend his last days in a sunnier place surrounded by the ones he loves then they would have said that to the hospital or put the record straight by now?

Depends on their motives and the likelihood of a recovery. If it turns out that the decision is based upon the fact that the family are Jehovah's Witnesses, then it's a blatant case of child abuse and the parents should be behind bars.

I know where your coming from, but police have said the parents have committed no criminal offence

Its not for us to judge and its now turned into a media witch hunt.

The police shoulda just said take him to any hospital but now they are being treated like criminals on the run.

Just ignore the media.

The reason it's turned into a media witch hunt is the issue with the child's feeding pump. It's only designed to run off batteries for short transfers between wards or a visit to the toilette.

How come the police are happy to spread this all over the world wide interweb and have interpol searching the whole of Europe for a family who took their child from a hospital....but girls get raped in Rotherham and they don't give a toss. Where is the world wide interpol search for rapist Rotherham taxi drivers?

Loving family trying to cope with terminal ill child - whole media and police frenzy to find them. 1400 abuse cases in Rotherham.....No pictures of abusers made public...why?

How come the police are happy to spread this all over the world wide interweb and have interpol searching the whole of Europe for a family who took their child from a hospital....but girls get raped in Rotherham and they don't give a toss. Where is the world wide interpol search for rapist Rotherham taxi drivers?

Loving family trying to cope with terminal ill child - whole media and police frenzy to find them. 1400 abuse cases in Rotherham.....No pictures of abusers made public...why?

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

True...but why is one non criminal story all over the news today yet another (massively criminal) story now been kicked into the long grass?

1400 rapes.

1 child taken, legally, by his parents.

Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if I was Vresistance then I'd be wondering why a story of a non crime suddenly replaced a story about wholescale systmematic abuse