Why our boycott campaign against Israel makes sense #BDS

Israel does pay people for positive propaganda so it's not an assumption just plucked out of thin air us it?

Israeli people get paid, just like Saudi or German or British people get paid for doing public and press relations work to present their countries as well as they can. It is a job. The Palestinians also have their public relations and press people.

people get paid to go on Hard Talk and try to make a good impression for sure. But nobody gets paid to go on provincial small fry website like this (no offence meant to the mods) Sheffield Forum.

trying to imply that people here that are more supportive of Israel than you are are being paid to say nice things about the Israelis and not-so-nice things about the Arabs I call as antisemitism because there are plenty of pro Arab or Palestinian posters as well, not just pro Israeli ones on this forum. And they are the ones, the pro Arab posters, not the pro Israeli ones, that actually start all the Israel related topics. And nobody ever implies that the pro Arab posters are getting paid by anybody, no matter how much work they put into spamming their garbage.

Edited by blake

Israeli people get paid, just like Saudi or German or British people get paid for doing public and press relations work to present their countries as well as they can. It is a job. The Palestinians also have their public relations and press people.

people get paid to go on Hard Talk and try to make a good impression for sure. But nobody gets paid to go on provincial small fry website like this (no offence meant to the mods) Sheffield Forum.

trying to imply that people here that are more supportive of Israel than you are are being paid to say nice about the Israelis and not-so-nice things about the Arabs I call as antisemitism because there are plenty of pro Arab or Palestinian posters as well, not just pro Israeli ones on this forum. And they are the ones, the pro Arab posters, not the pro Israeli ones, that actually start all the Israel related topics. And nobody ever implies that the pro Arab posters are getting paid by anybody, no matter how much work they put into spamming their garbage.

Good point, well made

trying to imply that people here that are more supportive of Israel than you are are being paid to say nice about the Israelis and not-so-nice things about the Arabs I call as antisemitism because there are plenty of pro Arab or Palestinian posters as well, not just pro Israeli ones on this forum. And they are the ones, the pro Arab posters, not the pro Israeli ones, that actually start all the Israel related topics. And nobody ever implies that the pro Arab posters are getting paid by anybody, no matter how much work they put into spamming their garbage.

Israeli prime minister pays students for online hasbara campaign = http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.541142

I don't see it as anti semitism I see it as an assumption based on the fact that israel does pay people to counter negative veiws of israel online as stated in my link.

Plenty of pro israel garbage has been spammed on SF in the past couple of weeks....

you just don't get it. Why is that even a story. You could spin it in a different way to say that the Israelis are being astute by monitoring social media to look for, and possibly give scholarships to, young people that show signs of promise as in could have a good diplomatic or maybe public relations career in future. They are giving students scholarships. They are not handing out wads of cash from a booth on a street corner in Tel Aviv to people that talk up Israel on Facebook.

Dutchman, 91, returns Holocaust honour to Israelis after six relatives killed in Gaza

Henk Zanoli was honoured by the Israeli authorities due to his family's efforts to save a Jewish child during the Nazi genocide

A 91-year-old Dutch man who was awarded a prestigious honour by the State of Israel for his family's role in saving a Jewish child from the Holocaust has returned his prize after six of his relatives were killed in Gaza.

In 2011 the Israeli authorities declared Henk Zanoli 'Righteous Among the Nations' – a title bestowed upon non-Jews who helped save Jews from the Holocaust. During the Nazi occupation of Holland Mr Zanoli's family had helped shelter a young boy until the Allied liberation in 1945.

But Mr Zanoli returned his prize to the Israeli embassy in the Netherlands after hearing that six of his relatives had been killed during an attack on their home in Gaza.

In a moving letter addressed to the Israeli ambassador and published in Haaretz, an Israeli newspaper, he said: "For me to hold on to the honour granted by the State of Israel, under these circumstances, will be both an insult to the memory of my courageous mother who risked her life and that of her children fighting against suppression and for the preservation of human life as well as an insult to those in my family, four generations on."

Mr Zanoli's father was deported from Holland and subsequently died in the Dachau concentration camp due to his outspoken opposition to the German occupation.

"After the horror of the Holocaust my family strongly supported the Jewish people also with regard to their aspirations to build a national home", wrote Mr Zanoli.

"Over more than six decades I have however slowly come to realize that the Zionist project had from its beginning a racist element in it in aspiring to build a state exclusively for Jews.

On Sunday July 20 an Israeli fighter jet dropped a bomb on the family home of Ismail Ziadah, the husband of Mr Zanoli's great-neice. According to Haaretz the strike killed the family matriarch, Muftiyah, 70, three of her sons, Jamil, Omar and Youssef, Jamil's wife, Bayan and their 12-year-old son, Shaaban.

"The great- great grandchildren of my mother have lost their grandmother, three uncles, an aunt and a cousin at the hands of the Israeli army", added Mr Zanoli.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11037008/Dutchman-91-returns-Holocaust-honour-to-Israelis-after-six-relatives-killed-in-Gaza.html

Way off topic I know but I didn't start this.

Muslim inventions that shaped the world= http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inventions_in_the_medieval_Islamic_world

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/29/muslim.inventions/

What was the op saying about Islam doing nothing for the world? :rolleyes:

These are mostly some things that were developed or adapted from things assimilated from items that existed earlier. These same few things or extremely similar would have been developed by now by other cultures. There is nothing really note-worthy or exceptional listed. I'd also point out that at the time many of these original items upon which the inventions you claim were made by muslims were actually in existence before 600AD.

I just looked at http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/sciencehistory.htm

It purports to set the record straight and each item cited can be attributed to an early one or earlier work by someone of the islamic faith. Excellent idea but....

each of the examples that was set straight ignore earlier examples developed in china so they did not actually set the record straight.. they lied.

More taqiyya I guess.

How credible are people that claim on the behalf of someone else to have invented something that today would be called, plagiarism or breach of copyright?

The original question that you attempted to answer with the quoted post was in reference to things that have been invented in the last 100 years or so in middle eastern slamic countries that have benefited the world.

Having trawled the net I can't find anything related to that actually invented from an original idea I even resorted to using google.

I can't find it, but there must be something or that would be like saying that middle eastern islamic countries have made no modern day useful contributions to the world's technological or scientific progress.

Surely that can't be right.

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 23:47 ----------

........................................................................................................................................................................

Have to say I agree with blake on this one.

Israeli prime minister pays students for online hasbara campaign ........

I don't see it as anti semitism

I really would like to know what you do think would be anti-semitism and I don't think I would be alone in wanting to know that.

I see it as an assumption based on the fact that israel does pay people to counter negative veiws of israel online as stated in my link.

Plenty of pro israel garbage has been spammed on SF in the past couple of weeks....

So israel does pay people to counter negative veiws and that is wrong because?

I believe that is what is called Public Relations.

Nothing wrong in my view with using PR if it is being used to provide a truthful and balanced proportional counter measure to negative propaganda.

Next thing you know someone will be telling us that people are being paid by israel to post on here... oops! too late.

Edited by Tommo68

Dutchman, 91, returns Holocaust honour to Israelis after six relatives killed in Gaza

Henk Zanoli was honoured by the Israeli authorities due to his family's efforts to save a Jewish child during the Nazi genocide

A 91-year-old Dutch man who was awarded a prestigious honour by the State of Israel for his family's role in saving a Jewish child from the Holocaust has returned his prize after six of his relatives were killed in Gaza.

In 2011 the Israeli authorities declared Henk Zanoli 'Righteous Among the Nations' – a title bestowed upon non-Jews who helped save Jews from the Holocaust. During the Nazi occupation of Holland Mr Zanoli's family had helped shelter a young boy until the Allied liberation in 1945.

But Mr Zanoli returned his prize to the Israeli embassy in the Netherlands after hearing that six of his relatives had been killed during an attack on their home in Gaza.

In a moving letter addressed to the Israeli ambassador and published in Haaretz, an Israeli newspaper, he said: "For me to hold on to the honour granted by the State of Israel, under these circumstances, will be both an insult to the memory of my courageous mother who risked her life and that of her children fighting against suppression and for the preservation of human life as well as an insult to those in my family, four generations on."

Mr Zanoli's father was deported from Holland and subsequently died in the Dachau concentration camp due to his outspoken opposition to the German occupation.

"After the horror of the Holocaust my family strongly supported the Jewish people also with regard to their aspirations to build a national home", wrote Mr Zanoli.

"Over more than six decades I have however slowly come to realize that the Zionist project had from its beginning a racist element in it in aspiring to build a state exclusively for Jews.

On Sunday July 20 an Israeli fighter jet dropped a bomb on the family home of Ismail Ziadah, the husband of Mr Zanoli's great-neice. According to Haaretz the strike killed the family matriarch, Muftiyah, 70, three of her sons, Jamil, Omar and Youssef, Jamil's wife, Bayan and their 12-year-old son, Shaaban.

"The great- great grandchildren of my mother have lost their grandmother, three uncles, an aunt and a cousin at the hands of the Israeli army", added Mr Zanoli.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11037008/Dutchman-91-returns-Holocaust-honour-to-Israelis-after-six-relatives-killed-in-Gaza.html

how much did Riyadh pay you for that one, Mozilla?

I can't find it, but there must be something or that would be like saying that middle eastern islamic countries have made no modern day useful contributions to the world's technological or scientific progress.

Surely that can't be right..

Correct, it wouldn't. It's the individuals living within the state that make the contribution. Not trawling conspiracy sites might help. You're not suggesting that Muslims can't or don't contribute usefully to the world's technological or scientific progress are you?

One to keep you going

Nobel Prize too.

---------- Post added 16-08-2014 at 00:44 ----------

how much did Riyadh pay you for that one, Mozilla?

You can always tell when it hurts, even from a "provincial small fry website" . :hihi::hihi:

anybody who thinks Israel; is a state exclusively for Jews just doesn't know Israel. They just don't know anything about the place, and confuse the Jewish character of it with the notion of Jewish supremacy. One in 4 of Israeli citizens are not even Jewish.

you just don't get it. Why is that even a story. You could spin it in a different way to say that the Israelis are being astute by monitoring social media to look for, and possibly give scholarships to, young people that show signs of promise as in could have a good diplomatic or maybe public relations career in future. They are giving students scholarships. They are not handing out wads of cash from a booth on a street corner in Tel Aviv to people that talk up Israel on Facebook.

It does seem that there are many who wish to condemn Israel for fighting back against Islamic terrorism yet turn a blind eye to the Islamists murdering Yazidis who can't fight back elsewhere in the Moddle East.

It does seem that there are many who wish to condemn Israel for fighting back against Islamic terrorism yet turn a blind eye to the Islamists murdering Yazidis who can't fight back elsewhere in the Moddle East.

Typing lies doesn't transform them into truths. Instead of making stuff up why don't you confront "the many" who are turning a blind eye, thus exposing them. Now's your chance to be a hero.

ISIS and IDF are the same. Both have the same aims. They both chop of people heads using USA weapons. One uses WMDs with F16s