Benefit Street Being filmed in Sheffield

Apparently residents of Nodder Road in Woodthorpe have been asked if they would like to be involved in the filming that starts later this year. Is this road really that bad to appear on there?

hi hope they tell the film makers to **** off, who want's to be ridiculed on telly with a few million viewers knowing all their business and all about their finances which they might not have any. some of these people may like the idea of being on telly and hoping to make 3 or 4 hundred quid from them or is it a way of getting on jeremy kyle show wouldn't they sooner take any job. some of the people on benefits programes seem to be proud of milking the system and knowing how to get round the laws i hate havig to pay taxs to fund the benefit agency

I've just seen a trailer on Channel 5 for a benefits related programme that is evidently filmed in Sheffield.

I hope your wrong. The police under pressure program shows sheffield in a bad enough light, without benefit claimants adding to the perceive under class that quite happily preen in front of any camera shoved in there face.

Sheffield is being portrayed as a city full of losers, scroungers and immigrants. For the majority of hard working tax paying Sheffielders it's embarrassing to witnesses this portrayal of our city.

Ermm thats what most of Sheffield seems to be though

Ermm thats what most of Sheffield seems to be though

Only if you believe what you see on tv. I drive to work at 7 am most days, if I leave 10 minutes later the roads are full of people making their way to WORK. This strange phenomenon happens 5 days a week and causes traffic problems for 2 to 3 hours in a morning and about the same amount of time from 3pm in the afternoon.

City of workshy scroungers? Don't think so.

Not interesting enough for a film crew though.

Lol was thinking same. What makes it worse is i live on one of them streets :hihi:

That makes two of us :thumbsup:

Sheffield is being portrayed as a city full of losers, scroungers and immigrants. For the majority of hard working tax paying Sheffielders it's embarrassing to witnesses this portrayal of our city.

No, what is embarrassing is people who lump groups together in the way you have done, and make assumptions that relocating = scrounging and not working and paying tax.

But then, we do have "losers" who can't see the contradiction in moaning about immigrants "coming over here to laze around on benefits and steal are* jobs"

*"are" being quite frequently substituted for "our" by people who take offence at any less-than-perfect command of English by any person with a slight skin pigmentation difference

There are many intelligent, articulate people living on benefits due to redundancies and companies closing over the last few years. It really is a shame that film companies never approach people like that to appear on programmes which simply show how life is on benefits without all the shouting, swearing and booze swilling that makes people look bad.

In the interests of balance, someone should make a programme with these people. I know it wouldn't be as interesting or controversial but it would at least show the viewing public that not all benefits claimants are the ignorant ranting scum ususally seen on tv.

In the past when I interviewed people for jobs I met many well qualified, intelligent people ho simply couldn't get a job because of the other well qualified, intelligent people applying for all the same jobs. It really is a shame that all claimants are tarred with the same brush.

They ought to a Real Housewives of Sheffield and base it on the posh folk in Dore!! :hihi:

There are many intelligent, articulate people living on benefits due to redundancies and companies closing over the last few years. It really is a shame that film companies never approach people like that to appear on programmes which simply show how life is on benefits without all the shouting, swearing and booze swilling that makes people look bad.

In the interests of balance, someone should make a programme with these people. I know it wouldn't be as interesting or controversial but it would at least show the viewing public that not all benefits claimants are the ignorant ranting scum ususally seen on tv.

In the past when I interviewed people for jobs I met many well qualified, intelligent people ho simply couldn't get a job because of the other well qualified, intelligent people applying for all the same jobs. It really is a shame that all claimants are tarred with the same brush.

Totally agree....... :nod::thumbsup:

Only if you believe what you see on tv. I drive to work at 7 am most days, if I leave 10 minutes later the roads are full of people making their way to WORK. This strange phenomenon happens 5 days a week and causes traffic problems for 2 to 3 hours in a morning and about the same amount of time from 3pm in the afternoon.

City of workshy scroungers? Don't think so.

Not interesting enough for a film crew though.

Ah, that's the school run...

At 7am!! they must be some real punctual children..