New chip shop on Abbeydale road

What's wrong with potato? I don't get it....?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

His was a faux pas of Dan Quayle proportions

You not from Sheffield or Yorkshire originally then?

it's potato, fish, and potato..... Everyone knows that.... I don't even like or eat fish and I know! :)

Nope! That explains it:)

I still use the term bread rolls nt barm cakes or bread cakes

Nope! That explains it:)

I still use the term bread rolls nt barm cakes or bread cakes

Aaah, :) hehe....

Well, Welcome to another of the yorkshire terms :)

I've never been a big fan of fishcakes, so no loss for me there. Their fish is lovely though, nice size, not too much batter and really succulent fish. Its a fairly expensive place but for me its two minutes away, Wolsley road used to be my local and I loved it but this place is nearer.

You can also eat in which is nice

ps

The curry sauce is lovely as well

get to robs fish and chips at greenhill top class grub at a low price,also top service and all cooked in dripping,and he even does his own batter so its not thick and horrible,and his fishcakes are fantastic

afternoon, has anyone tried this chippy now its re-opened? GB's didnt last very long, so we didnt get a chance to pop in.

Not tried it yet, but I was talking to the guy at Dronfield Antiques next door at the weekend - he says it's been taken over by the fold who run Two Steps on Sharrow Vale Road, so the quality should be good.

he says it's been taken over by the fold who run Two Steps on Sharrow Vale Road, so the quality should be good.

Now sounds like it's worth another visit then.

I used this in the summer and was very disappointed

You not from Sheffield or Yorkshire originally then?

it's potato, fish, and potato..... Everyone knows that.... I don't even like or eat fish and I know! :)

I din't know until I got to Sheffield. Until then a fishcake from the chippy was like a mush of fish and potato and parsley coated in breadcrumbs.

The first time I had a Sheffield fishcake it was a shock, really terrible rank old fish. Can still imagine thge taste now like something had died in my gob. Was a few years until I had the courage to try one again and now I love em. Turns out that that first Sheffield fish cake was the worst example of it I've ever had, probably the worst anybody could ever have.

Not tried it yet, but I was talking to the guy at Dronfield Antiques next door at the weekend - he says it's been taken over by the fold who run Two Steps on Sharrow Vale Road, so the quality should be good.

Really? wonder if they'll call it no-steps? :)

The newly re-opened adventure does Gluten Free stuff apparently, if that helps anyone.

if your talking fish and chips............frymaster attercliffe, sit in eat out the best in sheffield not coding they are superb