The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

There has never been a vote for leaving the UK without a deal.

It is believed support for no deal in the country is around 10% so even if that was double in leave voting constituencies, that still means that the majority of people in all constituencies oppose leaving without a deal.

Really? 

The original vote was for in or out.

No mention of out, with  or without, a deal.

Just sayin'

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is believed support for no deal in the country is around 10% so even if that was double in leave voting constituencies, that still means that the majority of people in all constituencies oppose leaving without a deal.

Errrm,  I think you will find that there has never been a vote for leaving the uk WITH a deal either.

It was a two choice referendum.  Nobody was asking us how we would want to leave.  That was nothing to do with us.

Do you need a refresher...    The question was very simple. 

"......Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union"

That was it. 

18 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

you really want to open that up again. My point was if Labour MP have a free vote and are from a vote leave constituency, then go on to scrap no deal , they should have questions to answer. It would be total disconnect with their constituents

Edited by phil752

11 minutes ago, phil752 said:

you really want to open that up again. My point was if Labour MP have a free vote and are from a vote leave constituency, then go on to scrap no deal possibility, they should have questions to answer. It would be total disconnect with their constituents

Only if the majority of their constituents supported leaving without a deal.

You still haven't shown me any evidence that they do.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Only if the majority of their constituents supported leaving without a deal.

You still haven't shown me any evidence that they do.

show me that  leave constituencies want no deal taking of the table?

26 minutes ago, phil752 said:

show me that  leave constituencies want no deal taking of the table?

Even if as many as 50% of leave voters in a constituency supported no deal that would still mean that the majority of constituents didn't. The referendum was nearly three years ago and every poll since then has shown a decline in leave support and an increase in remain support in every constituency. Do you even know that leave constituencies in 2016 are still leave constituencies in 2019?

And what is this table that you keep referring to? You are aware that the negotiations with the EU finished last November? Telling the EU that we will leave without a deal if we don't get what we want, will be met with a very definite 'jog on!'

To use a topical issue, using the threat of no deal as a negotiating ploy would be like a mugger holding a knife to our own throat and threatening to cut it if the victim didn't give us their mobile phone!

We already had a good deal inside the EU, but we were voting for the freedom that came from being outside the EU.

It was about being shackled or being free.

Then suddenly it was all about getting a deal.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Even if as many as 50% of leave voters in a constituency supported no deal that would still mean that the majority of constituents didn't. The referendum was nearly three years ago and every poll since then has shown a decline in leave support and an increase in remain support in every constituency. Do you even know that leave constituencies in 2016 are still leave constituencies in 2019?

And what is this table that you keep referring to? You are aware that the negotiations with the EU finished last November? Telling the EU that we will leave without a deal if we don't get what we want, will be met with a very definite 'jog on!'

To use a topical issue, using the threat of no deal as a negotiating ploy would be like a mugger holding a knife to our own throat and threatening to cut it if the victim didn't give us their mobile phone!

As i say before all what you have said has been argued infinitum,  we had a vote, majority of leave votes were cast in Labour seats, now Labour MP are going to vote no deal off the table, if that is not MP constituency disconnected, I don't know what is.

Edited by phil752

17 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It was about being shackled or being free.

You don't half post some nonsense! 😂

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You don't half post some nonsense! 😂

if in doubt insult eh

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Does anyone know how many Labour MPs voted for May’s deal?

The pundits were saying that it was less than last time.

Three Labour MPs - Kevin Barron, Caroline Flint and John Mann - voted for the prime minister's deal.

If Labour stop us leaving the EU on the 29th march they will lose millions of votes ,people voted to leave ,not for a deal ,just get out and leave.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Three Labour MPs - Kevin Barron, Caroline Flint and John Mann - voted for the prime minister's deal.

And now so as they carry through their constituents wishes they must vote ,No deal.