The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

With JC you know what he stands for.

The other three..........you tell me.

They stand for "anyone but Corbyn" apparently.... :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33921047

Has Liz Kendall ever thought of getting a better platform to appeal to people with, rather than just being endlessly negative?

Edited by Stoatwobbler

Has Liz Kendall ever thought of getting a better platform to appeal to people with, rather than just being endlessly negative?

see's a candidate for the labour leadership. i would imagine it is difficult to be positive

she's a candidate for the Labour leadership. I would imagine it is difficult to be positive

At least Jeremy Corbyn has policy ideas. Even if you don't agree with them it's something more than the other three are willing to offer in return for the voters support.

At least Jeremy Corbyn has policy ideas. Even if you don't agree with them it's something more than the other three are willing to offer in return for the voters support.

i'm not sure that he has policies. it seems that he can trot out slogans designed to appeal to the stupid.

"re-open coal mines". ah yes very good. apart from the fact that most have been filled in, wouldn't conform to any form of health and safety regime, and no one would tolerate a pit under their home any more.

"print money to pay for public sector jobs" rampent inflation here we come.

the guys a joke. his policies belong in the 1950s, although they no doubt appeal to those incapable of the thought process.

but on the plus side he is dragging the labour party into an area of policy where they will be unelectable for decades.

The Tories are not in the political "centre ground".

Centre-right...

i'm not sure that he has policies. it seems that he can trot out slogans designed to appeal to the stupid.

"re-open coal mines". ah yes very good. apart from the fact that most have been filled in, wouldn't conform to any form of health and safety regime, and no one would tolerate a pit under their home any more.

"print money to pay for public sector jobs" rampent inflation here we come.

the guys a joke. his policies belong in the 1950s, although they no doubt appeal to those incapable of the thought process.

but on the plus side he is dragging the labour party into an area of policy where they will be unelectable for decades.

Works for me:hihi: The Labour party are in complete disarray, they don't know which way to turn. Here's an idea....instead of knocking Conservative policies without coming forwards with any better suggestions, how about working with the government to help make their policies even better.

Works for me:hihi: The Labour party are in complete disarray, they don't know which way to turn. Here's an idea....instead of knocking Conservative policies without coming forwards with any better suggestions, how about working with the government to help make their policies even better.

I think you'll find that's a coalition. Works for me, but we've just voted against it unfortunately.

Yep the opposition should come up with an alternative suggestions/policy, and challenge the government on it's policy.

We've had neither from Labour for some time now.

I think you'll find that's a coalition. Works for me, but we've just voted against it unfortunately.

no it's not a coalition. it is co-operation rather than obstructive opposition for the sake of it.

Quite disgusting really. Labour gives everyone the chance to have their say who's the leader.

The public make it clear - Corbyn.

Labour don't like it so now begins the smears - "anyone but Corbyn" (pinching my "Anyone but Burnham" from the other month), wheeling out Tony Blair to have his say, even trying to kick off Corbyn and replace him with two other candidates.

Or should I say two more faceless New Labour style luvvies who they like.

Labour need reminding what they're there for. And I hope the public give them another bloody nose by voting Corbyn.

OK, maybe he's not PM material. But neither are any of the other candidates.

I thought it was a particularly poor show when both Kendall and Cooper came out with that.

It just broadcasts to the entire nation that the party is falling to pieces.

They'll be even worse than under Milliband if they don't get their act together.

I wonder...Has Milliband himself said anything about anything lately?....I've not heard or seen anything.