Pointing Dog - Ecclesall Rd

and the same people that owned Felicini's before it went under

and??? thats relevant ?:huh:

and??? thats relevant ?:huh:

Its relevant because they're owned by the same people....?

Its relevant because they're owned by the same people....?

but why mention felicinis:suspect:

Got mate and his missus in Spain and he rates this pub.

but why mention felicinis:suspect:

Erm...because its the same people...

I feel like we're gonna go round in circles on this one.

Got mate and his missus in Spain and he rates this pub.

Good Stuff !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

Ate there last night good food average prices. Staff very friendly and helpful

I walked past this place on Saturday and it was absolutely packed. You really couldn't have fit many more people in, even for a world record attempt.

Is the alcohol/atmosphere really that great? It just looked like a raised drinking area on a main road in Sheffield to me. Understandable if they do a really good selection of beers though as not many places seem to on Ecclesall.

The outside area seems to be very big - perfect for the summer but I'm wondering how it will fare in the 48 weeks a year when standing outside in Sheffield is a health hazard.

It all looks a bit cheesy to me, what's a 'New York Tavern' and why is it in Sheffield? What's a 'signature steak' and why do you have to carry a membership card to eat one? Possibly aimed at all the botoxed, spray tanned, appearance obsessed vampires that haunt that neck 'o' the woods.

They were certainly there last Friday, posing and preening, and looking ridiculous :roll:

I walked past this place on Saturday and it was absolutely packed. You really couldn't have fit many more people in, even for a world record attempt.

Is the alcohol/atmosphere really that great? It just looked like a raised drinking area on a main road in Sheffield to me. Understandable if they do a really good selection of beers though as not many places seem to on Ecclesall.

The outside area seems to be very big - perfect for the summer but I'm wondering how it will fare in the 48 weeks a year when standing outside in Sheffield is a health hazard.

was in both friday with a group of friends and on saturday for a meal with my better half and enjoyed it immensely, food really good, with a good choice of wines and different beers (Sagres etc) ,the cocktails are well made according to the missus, the decor is unusual, atmosphere is friendly and service is excellent, just what sheffield needs but unfortunaly now there is nothing to compete anywhere, Nonnas, menzels etc on ecclesall road must be very worried.

i think they will need to re-think the outside for the winter months but for now the outside feels almost as if you are on a terrace in the south of France.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 16:16 ----------

Well said.

Membership, what's that all about? I seem to remember other establishments trying the same thing in Sheffield, it doesn't work, how pretentious. I like to eat out a hell off a lot and don't mind paying for quality, I will not however sign up to be a member for the privilege.

From where it's positioned, the punters should be able to look at themselves in the reflection of Nonnas windows opposite, as they stare down at the poor people passing by.

as for the membership thing, it may or may not be a restriction on the licence but its a hell of a good way of getting a direct mailing list to anyone who has ever been, gold dust for offers and new menus.

We had a great meal. There is a lot of choice on the food and drinks menu. We had crab and squid for starters; well presented and tasty. For main course we had sardines and flat iron steak. Tasty and excellent value. No room for puds.

A lot of choice on the wine menu. The staff were so lovely and the environment interesting and vibrant. We will definitely go back.

and the same people that owned Felicini's before it went under

Who said Fellicinis went under? It just looks like a rebrand as it is owned by the same people.