Pointing Dog - Ecclesall Rd

Ate there last night. Food was very good, and pretty reasonable.

Only negative was a couple of the managers need to use their 'indoor voice' when reprimanding new and training staff, as it was a little embarassing for customers to have to hear. You shouldn't expect perfection in the opening few nights and it could have been handled better.

Definitely worth a try though.

Had an excellent lunch there on the second day of opening so made a reservation for dinner last night. Unfortunately our experience was not so good this time. My main course had to be sent back. To cut a long story short I didn't end up having a main course and we had to approach the manager as we were walking out to speak about the situation.

I understand that all restaurants have teething problems but its how they are dealt with that can leave a lasting impression and unfortunately it was not a good one. I hope that they can work on their customer service as I think it has the potential to be a really great restaurant

sounds good- will give it a go soon

How "upmarket" you seem... If you drink bloody marys you deserve to have it ruined by the noise of kids ;)

In any event they now appear to have just changed their website to allow kids up to 7 pm it didn't say that this morning so it looks like they have agreed with my earlier comment. Job done.

No problem with kids up till 7pm.......but will be the kiss of death for this place if they allow kids after 7pm.

No problem with kids up till 7pm.......but will be the kiss of death for this place if they allow kids after 7pm.
I can only agree! we need more kiddy free zones!...........quite a number of so called adults do not know how to behave in restaurants,so what chance have their kids?

7pm seems a good deadline.

---------- Post added 18-05-2014 at 16:40 ----------

Went the other Saturday nice food decent drinks prices ( for Eccy road ) full of ten bob millionaires, it's Eccy rd what would you expect
Not much from a Dee-Da!

i am guessing Nonnas are a little ..................................worried??

i am guessing Nonnas are a little ..................................worried??

They should be.

Pointing Dog has much more outdoor space which is great for this time of year.

Well said.

Membership, what's that all about? I seem to remember other establishments trying the same thing in Sheffield, it doesn't work, how pretentious. I like to eat out a hell off a lot and don't mind paying for quality, I will not however sign up to be a member for the privilege.

From where it's positioned, the punters should be able to look at themselves in the reflection of Nonnas windows opposite, as they stare down at the poor people passing by.

How can they look in the reflection of nonnas windows if their terrace is always packed...is it?

Pointing dog, smokebbq etc... Finally Sheffield is reducing the gap with Manchester!

How "upmarket" you seem... If you drink bloody marys you deserve to have it ruined by the noise of kids ;)

In any event they now appear to have just changed their website to allow kids up to 7 pm it didn't say that this morning so it looks like they have agreed with my earlier comment. Job done.

Well I am glad they have banned kids - most modern parents dont control their kids whatsoever and they are always running around restaurants intimidating other customers and making blaring noise - if i want that ill go drink cider in a playground at daytime so good on them I say ... and it also eliminates the risk of mothers flopping out you know what in your face when its feeding time !

Walked in and walked out. Full of ten bob millionaires and the free membership card - well, how very Matalan!!

How can they look in the reflection of nonnas windows if their terrace is always packed...is it?

Pointing dog, smokebbq etc... Finally Sheffield is reducing the gap with Manchester!

I think we will need a lot more openings to even get close to closing the gap with Manchester

Walked in and walked out. Full of ten bob millionaires and the free membership card - well, how very Matalan!!

Except its not a legal requirement for Matalan.