Pointing Dog - Ecclesall Rd

People whinging about the membership should read the facts, its to do with the licence form its previous incarnation.

Its amazes me that someone opens a new venture like this (thats not part of a huge chain) and its getting slated before its been open a month by people that have not even been in the place.

I don't particularly agree with the no kids at certain times policy as my lad has been used to eating out from an early age and knows how to behave in the circumstances.

People whinging about the membership should read the facts, its to do with the licence form its previous incarnation.

Its amazes me that someone opens a new venture like this (thats not part of a huge chain) and its getting slated before its been open a month by people that have not even been in the place.

I don't particularly agree with the no kids at certain times policy as my lad has been used to eating out from an early age and knows how to behave in the circumstances.

Exactly but it's on Ecclesall Road...so people are usually ready to slag it off before they even go in.

Some folk do have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to people that have earned a few quid.

Walked in and walked out. Full of ten bob millionaires and the free membership card - well, how very Matalan!!

What does a ten bob millionaire look like? I'm not sure how you can tell at a glance that the place is full of them. I haven't been there but was thinking of giving it a try and can assure you I'm not any kind of millionaire, ten bob or otherwise.

What does a ten bob millionaire look like? I'm not sure how you can tell at a glance that the place is full of them. I haven't been there but was thinking of giving it a try and can assure you I'm not any kind of millionaire, ten bob or otherwise.

Basically anybody a bit better dressed or better looking than mrswentworth :hihi: she can feel instantly better by insulting them all! Small minds.....:rolleyes:

Exactly but it's on Ecclesall Road...so people are usually ready to slag it off before they even go in.

Some folk do have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to people that have earned a few quid.

Very true.

I think what places like this do is make certain people stand out, see themselves for what they are. And it makes them uncomfortable.

The thing is you don't really need to have that much money to have a few drinks in decent surroundings

Basically anybody a bit better dressed or better looking than mrswentworth :hihi: she can feel instantly better by insulting them all! Small minds.....:rolleyes:

So true. In the States people say 'Oh well done, you must have worked really hard to drive a Porsche, that's great'. In England any outward show of success is considered negative or showing off. Very odd.

Very true.

I think what places like this do is make certain people stand out, see themselves for what they are. And it makes them uncomfortable.

The thing is you don't really need to have that much money to have a few drinks in decent surroundings

agree there are some people who are slightly jealous of anyone who is sucessful, but i do agree also that there are some seriously dodgy looking blokes and spay tan ....shall we say ahem cougars! but so what ! people watching is so funny and honestly its not any more expensive than most other places

Well I am glad they have banned kids - most modern parents dont control their kids whatsoever and they are always running around restaurants intimidating other customers and making blaring noise - if i want that ill go drink cider in a playground at daytime so good on them I say ... and it also eliminates the risk of mothers flopping out you know what in your face when its feeding time !

Don't worry, I doubt any women are likely to flop 'you know what' out in your face any time soon.

jb

ETA: Oh, and on a more serious note if you really do have a problem with women breastfeeding in public I suggest you start running for the hills.

I got told its the same people who have Mud Crab, can anyone shed any clarity on this?

They've got the huge advantage of one of the biggest outdoor terraces on Ecclesall Road. Its going to do very well over the summer months. Come winter, the food will have to be excellent. I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

So true. In the States people say 'Oh well done, you must have worked really hard to drive a Porsche, that's great'. In England any outward show of success is considered negative or showing off. Very odd.

I think part of the problem in Sheffield is that sadly you do get a small number of people who have a bit of money but do like to show off and think themselves superior....

And Ecclesall road is the perfect place to do this...and the sort of men who are like this are perfect targets for the cougars...so they do flock down there.

Few apples spoil the barrel.

The old money and slightly classier types would rather be on the terrace at West 10 I think.

I got told its the same people who have Mud Crab, can anyone shed any clarity on this?

They've got the huge advantage of one of the biggest outdoor terraces on Ecclesall Road. Its going to do very well over the summer months. Come winter, the food will have to be excellent. I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

Yes it is owned by the same people as The Mud Crab

and the same people that owned Felicini's before it went under