Thoresby market now closed?

Cheers it says about the robin hood market. Is this every sunday aswell cheers

Yes,went last week and its mainly car boot more than market,this might change as more traders know about it.I wouldnt bother if i was you at the moment.[i was visiting the mum in law who lives close by or wouldnt have gone]

I went twice last year, the first time was the best it took me nearly 10 minutes to walk round. the second time I didnt even have to get out of the car to see all the stalls. Tbh I think ebay has killed the sunday markets off, people can get exactly what they need cheaper ,delivered to the door and without having to push and barge through hot sweaty crowds

So the Valuation Office have shot themselves (and us) in the foot by refusing to be a little flexible. Instead of a reduced income from this market, there's now no income at all.

It happens all the time with small retailers. They open up, can't generate enough income to provide themselves with a living quickly enough because of the high level of business rates (and greedy landlords wanting higher and higher rents) and close down within months.

Meanwhile the so called charity shops are mostly paying nothing, the playing field needs levelling a bit.

Edited by natjack
correct typo

seems to me and with the amount of bookings we get for our festival and other friends of mine that run farmers markets,festivals and small markets say twice a year,this is the way forward for the small traders,differant people each week,move from area to area,sell

homemade products whether food or items,public don't get bored and everyone enjoys the mixture of music,dance,shopping ect,and buy off the internet for everyday products