What new shop in hillsborough?

If the rents are so high around Hillsborough for shops then how do the charity shops make it pay ?

I would have thought that a prime place to open a charity store is a unit with low rent and heavy-ish foot fall otherwise it's defeating the object of the store.

they get reduced rents and don't pay ANY rates

M&S Simply Food would fit perfectly into Kilner Way Retail Park which at the moment is a bit of a white elephant. However with the new Siansbury's at Wadsley Bridge being built I reckon with the increased interest and people travelling to the area to shop some of the units (currently empty or unbuilt) could become hot property.

M&S Simply Food would fit perfectly into Kilner Way Retail Park which at the moment is a bit of a white elephant. However with the new Siansbury's at Wadsley Bridge being built I reckon with the increased interest and people travelling to the area to shop some of the units (currently empty or unbuilt) could become hot property.

only if they sell the six things which sainsbury dont stock

Can you please supply a link that gives information re M&S moving to

the BP garage on Leppings Lane. You posted last January that this was to happen. Nothing has changed, and no one working there appears to know

anything about it.

It's a subway now, pretty naff. M&S would be awesome.

As a side note, someone's already mentioned - Kilner Way is very sparse at the moment, is there anything due there?

• 6 months later...

New "pop up" gift shop bottom of Dixon rd near Hillsborough park library selling art ,home made arts and crafts t shirts .mugs etc etc, idea if your looking for something for Christmas. All locally sourced made stuff, some friends of mine have art and crafts in . Take a look . Maybe of interest to local crafters to to sell their wares ?

The building opposite Minto Road think they used to be something to do with council could be M&S

Not enough parking there. M&S rely on their car park at Ecclesall Road. I haven't ventured north yet, to the new Sainsburys and Netto, so I don't know if there are still units at Kilner Way, but if there are I maintain that one of them should be snapped up by M&S sooner rather than later.