Channel 5 9pm 'Gypsies On Benefits & Proud' filmed in Rotherham

..and how popular do you think 'Police Interceptors' would be with advertisers if they showed the mundane things coppers have to do or a blue light trips to the sandwich shop?

No its called 'Police interceptor' not 'Police lunch breaks'.

We saw Roma what they were doing for a living, just as the police are doing in the interceptors program. We didn't see any Roma down the sandwich shop either did we ?

Unless there was a bit I missed where one of them had a charity box away ?

..and as I said, I don't doubt the depiction of the Romas who appeared in the programme, however you and others appear to be attributing their sensational behaviour across all Romas. Halibut & Boing have already provided different accounts based on their own experiences, which I doubt are indicative of all Roma behaviour as well.

All Roma's that I have ever met are like these, to me if there are any that are not here to twirl our system then they are a real small minority.

No its called 'Police interceptor' not 'Police lunch breaks'.

We saw Roma what they were doing for a living, just as the police are doing in the interceptors program. We didn't see any Roma down the sandwich shop either did we ?

Unless there was a bit I missed where one of them had a charity box away ?

You're still struggling Clowning, that's my point, yet you and others are making crass generalisations about all Roma, not all coppers work in traffic

All Roma's that I have ever met are like these, to me if there are any that are not here to twirl our system then they are a real small minority.

Thats fine, but as I said other posters have different experiences, so maybe it isn't all as depicted in the C5 documentary.

Who pays yours?

Me............................

Of ocurse it does. They have no intention of integrating with the wider community, only scrounging what they can at our expense, then have the nerve to complain when those tax payer handouts are suspended.

Whats your view on the one who blatantly boasted he was coming here with the sole intention of scrounging £40K of British tax payers money to build a new house back in Romania. ?

Anyone's view on that should be of horror and disgust, and most immigrants would agree too. As usual Channel 5 manages to pick up a few people of the extremes to provoke a reaction, and for the gullable it works. Every immigrant I've known has worked hard, from the bottom, to improve their life and become a part of the community.

What about the British born people claiming benefits they're not entitled to, working cash in hand jobs, and the high earners sending money abroad to get out of paying tax? Haven't seen that on Channel 5 yet.

Your right. If people are earning out of the immigration then they should lay their cards on the table.

If its your bread and butter then of course you are going to support it and try and quell those unhappy about it, I never thought of it this way, it makes a lot of sense what your implying.

That is because it is a weird way of looking at it. We all earn from immigration. I have given ample support and thought to that point on these forums and I don't think I need to repeat that point ad infinitum.

Yes shame they didn't show during Saturday night prime time just before the election. Maybe they will.

They wouldn't do that.

Many years ago the BBC was banned from showing the film 'I'm All Right Jack', a comedy film about a union that went on strike in a large factory. It was too influential on election night.

So putting this out would be political dynamite.

In what way do "we all earn from immigration"?

They pay tax, buy/rent houses, shop here, use private services. How don't we?

Who pays your and Halibuts wages?

I am financed directly from Slovakia, with a bonus for bigging up the Roma to the people of Sheffield. Oh no wait a minute, that's just a fictitious scenario, which the fabulous youngsters I work with are not.

Here we go again...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/14/immigration-beneficial-uk-economy-treasury-independent-advisers

That of course only refers to the fiscal benefits.

Its a good article BF, and I really did read it, but it only works if the people work too, and if the theory that immigrants are more likely to claim welfare, wouldnt that blow the Guardians article to bits?

Its a good article BF, and I really did read it, but it only works if the people work too, and if the theory that immigrants are more likely to claim welfare, wouldnt that blow the Guardians article to bits?

It was taking a macro view of immigration, and the net effect to the Exchequer is a positive one.

We should also remember that even if that wasn't the case immigrants provide a durable, portable and multi skilled workforce, one that our NHS, high end technology industries and universities couldn't do without, not to mention the benefits there are to universities of income from foreign students which subsidises the tuition of our own.

The problem with discussions of this nature is that as usual 'immigrants' are taken as a homogeneous community, rarely is any distinction made between the ones I describe above and the ones who don't contribute, engage in criminality and attract the headlines, but then I don't regard them any better/worse than our own feckless.