Drivers on Mobile Phones

Ok and thanks for that. I forgot the option of a course for these now ticket-able offences.

Question though, who decides between fine, course (Ndac, "What's driving us?" ...) or court appearance? What rank? An NDORS admin' committee?

I think it is laid out in ACPO guides and the decision made by Central Ticket Office.

i would also love to add to the new harsher law and add parking half on pavements half on road a fine able/ban able offence,

will always maintain roads for driving paths for walking why should a pedestrian have to walk on the road and put themselves in danger of oncoming traffic to dodge a car parked where a pedestrian should be walking when there's ample space for the car to park normally as some do.

The point is to impoverish people through any means possible, while feeding the pockets of the more deserving of course.

Of course, it's nothing to do with breaking the law!

Mind you, there's always more important crimes to deal with instead of the poor driver.

If the driver is on the phone then he's driving without due care and attention.

Doesn't matter if he crashes and injures someone.

i would also love to add to the new harsher law and add parking half on pavements half on road a fine able/ban able offence,

will always maintain roads for driving paths for walking why should a pedestrian have to walk on the road and put themselves in danger of oncoming traffic to dodge a car parked where a pedestrian should be walking when there's ample space for the car to park normally as some do.

In principle I'd agree with you but the problem is that most streets were built before most households had one or more cars.

Some roads are far too narrow for drivers to park properly, and it may not be easy for them to park elsewhere.

Edited by Gleadly

• 7 months later...

Is is just me or are people using mobile phones even more behind the wheel these days? This morning I spotted 5 people on their phones, either talking or texting. When on the parkway in the morning I can guarantee that I will spot at least 1 person texting. I even spotted someone having a video call whilst behind the wheel last week. :rant:

Didn't know you could drive on a mobile phone. Do they have wheels or do they hover?

Not much room for sitting.

Difficulty in reporting the driver to the police unless you have a photo or video of him/her.

I'm off to sunnier climes shortly and nearly everyone, including the police, use a handset whilst they are driving.