Clegg v Farage / LBC Debate

On the most part, Clegg was speaking from a script while Farage was speaking from the heart :rolleyes:

True, I'm no fan of Farage, but on this occasion I thought he wiped the floor with Clegg.

Clegg's direct to camera pieces were blande, hollow and soulless.

He also has the slovenly habit of putting his hand in his trouser pocket. He was obviously nervous since he drunk his glass of water dry.

He also has the slovenly habit of putting his hand in his trouser pocket. He was obviously nervous since he drunk his glass of water dry.

He had good reason to be nervous. Farage is quite a bruiser. I don't think posh boy Clegg is used to being spoken to like that.

True, I'm no fan of Farage, but on this occasion I thought he wiped the floor with Clegg.

Agree. Totally predictable.

The difference is Farage has made a career out of understanding the EU inside out and has genuinely heartfelt opinions about it, whilst with Clegg you can't help thinking it's a gravy train he can't wasit to be back on with a cushy commissioners job. I just get that horrible feeling that Clegg's stance on the EU is for him, while Farage rightly or wrongly believes his stance is the best for the UK.

Farage already had his pint while Clegg must have gone through a few during the debate, light weight :hihi:

It was a shame regarding the silly figures (Romanian influx etc) quoted from UKIPs leaflet. Apart from that Farage gave a good account of himself and left Clegg looking a bit beaten.

It was a shame regarding the silly figures (Romanian influx etc) quoted from UKIPs leaflet. Apart from that Farage gave a good account of himself and left Clegg looking a bit beaten.

Clegg was a slow starter but definitely redeemed himself during the second half of the debate.

But why wasn't it on the mainstream channels?

Any one with a computer can listen to LBC.

And it was on the BBC news channel.

Farage won the debate hands down, which wasn't too difficult as he says what the vast majority think, as opposed to the rest of them who are scared stiff of being called racist.

And why wasn't Milliband and Cameron involved?

Agree. Totally predictable.

The difference is Farage has made a career out of understanding the EU inside out and has genuinely heartfelt opinions about it, whilst with Clegg you can't help thinking it's a gravy train he can't wasit to be back on with a cushy commissioners job. I just get that horrible feeling that Clegg's stance on the EU is for him, while Farage rightly or wrongly believes his stance is the best for the UK.

Farage would be more than happy for all UK MEPs to lose their jobs, many of whom are UKIP.

I too get the feeling Cleggy fancies rejoining the Eurocracy one day perhaps as a Commission member or some sort so I think he has self interest at heart.

And why wasn't Milliband and Cameron involved?

Because they are cowards and running away from responsibility.

I never vote so am not complicit to these cowboy monkeys we have, I blame the majority :hihi: