Clegg v Farage / LBC Debate

Farage dispelled the spurious claim that he is a racist by mentioning that he'd prefer immigration from India from people who has skills we need, rather than unskilled masses from Europe..

Spot on. The highest earning foreign nationals in the UK are Americans and New Zealanders. It makes no sense to place limitations on skilled workers from the rest of the world whilst having no control over who comes from the EU.

We don't need to ban immigration (which some people ignorantly claim is UKIP policy), we just need to be smarter at it.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 19:50 ----------

It is funny and rather predictable that the mainstream news outlets namely BBC, ITV and Channel 4 hardly reported it.

While Sky have actually gone up in my estimation by collaborating fantastically with LBC and it all flowed really well.

The LBC presenter Nick Ferrari did a fantastic job, left his ego out of the debate and rattled through the issues.

Something that BBC should try to emulate on the next debate, for the love of god don't let David Dimbleby host it.

Put it on C4 Jack Whitehall or Jimmy Carr will end up hosting it. :hihi:

I'm unfortunate enough to live in an area affected by the influx of Roma, my kids schools are now between 30-40% Roma.

Luckily we can afford to move out of the area which we are soon to do, and so we become part of the phenomenon known as "white flight".

Farage dispelled the spurious claim that he is a racist by mentioning that he'd prefer immigration from India from people who has skills we need, rather than unskilled masses from Europe..

Spot on.

I look forward to your white haven being overrun by Indians. Or you could ask Nigel to get his best mate Putin to have one of his oligarch mates rent you somewhere in a gateway community.

It is funny and rather predictable that the mainstream news outlets namely BBC, ITV and Channel 4 hardly reported it.

While Sky have actually gone up in my estimation by collaborating fantastically with LBC and it all flowed really well.

The LBC presenter Nick Ferrari did a fantastic job, left his ego out of the debate and rattled through the issues.

Something that BBC should try to emulate on the next debate, for the love of god don't let David Dimbleby host it.

I noticed on the 10pm BBC News that when they were discussing who won the debate they failed to show the result of the Yougov poll that clearly showed the public stated that Farage had won..

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 20:33 ----------

I look forward to your white haven being overrun by Indians. Or you could ask Nigel to get his best mate Putin to have one of his oligarch mates rent you somewhere in a gateway community.

This post shows that this poster has given up on claiming Farage is racist and weakly attempts to criticize the posters. Some of whom have stated that they would prefer Indian's with skills to white Europeans who don't. Bit odd really, shows the blind attitude of UKIP's enemies..

It was the lead item on the 10pm news on the World Tonight Radio 4 last night and a lead item on the Today news this morning.

Why do you want uncontrolled immigration to the rest of the world as well as the EU?

I never think of UKIP (or Farage) as racist, he is married to an EU immigrant after all. What I do think is that he is wrong about the benefits of leaving the EU.

The bigger picture of 'saving 20 billion' is that if the UK was to leave the EU it would be sidelined in an increasingly global economy. It is hard to argue against that unless you prefer to view the world from an individualist perspective without regard of the bigger picture. Which is fine, you have a democratic right to do so, as do I have the democratic right to point out it is short-sighted.

I never think of UKIP (or Farage) as racist, he is married to an EU immigrant after all. What I do think is that he is wrong about the benefits of leaving the EU.

The bigger picture of 'saving 20 billion' is that if the UK was to leave the EU it would be sidelined in an increasingly global economy. It is hard to argue against that unless you prefer to view the world from an individualist perspective without regard of the bigger picture. Which is fine, you have a democratic right to do so, as do I have the democratic right to point out it is short-sighted.

You are being very short sighted and the UK won't be sidelined.

We don't need to ban immigration (which some people ignorantly claim is UKIP policy), we just need to be smarter at it.

Nigel Farage must be ignorant too.

He wants to ban immigration.

Being in the media spotlight will highlight the inconsistencies even more.

I agree with both those comments.

And he's certainly a bit of a charmer with the gift of the gab, but what else is there?

Here is the big question, can you even tell what Ed and Cameron even stand for ???

Why they are leaders just goes to show how shambolic and corrupt our system is.

---------- Post added 28-03-2014 at 00:16 ----------

Well, after watching Question Time tonight, it needs a major kick up the ass.

The panel, the host, the audience, the whole thing needs a major shake up.

This LBC debate showed up Question Time and how outdated that show now is.

Edited by BEDROCK

I agree with both those comments.

And he's certainly a bit of a charmer with the gift of the gab, but what else is there?

What do you mean, "what else is there?".

I noticed on the 10pm BBC News that when they were discussing who won the debate they failed to show the result of the Yougov poll that clearly showed the public stated that Farage had won..

Probably more a case of the fact the YouGov poll was conducted for The Sun, who's owners, News International, also own Sky News - hence they were allowed to broadcast it.

If they were drawing lots of prominence to the YouGov poll saying more people want to stay in the EU than leave then you might have a point about bias, but not if they just failed to broadcast the results of a poll paid for by a rival media company.