Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

'Tulip Fever' on BBC2. First new film on TV that I've seen and enjoyed in a long while. With Alicia Vikander, Judy Dench and the wonderful Christoph Waltz. All about the  bazarre tulip gold rush in Amsterdam in the 1600s, wrapped up with a traumatic love story. It was beautiful to look at, quality acting and held your interest right to the end.  I'd give it 9/10 

19 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The Sisters Brothers 

The film is set in the American West in 1851. Two brothers are assassins who work for a man known as the Commodore.

I thought the film was brilliant.  It was on BBC2,  I recorded it.

10/10

Enjoyed it but bloody.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Watched power of the dog and no where near as good.

Sisters 8/10

Power of the dog 5/10

I watched, power of the dog, a few months ago, it was okay but not as good as the Sisters Brothers,  probably give it the same  as you 5/10.  

11 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Yes as mentioned in previous post, Power of the dog, Boring,  mistake giving Cumberbatch the part,  he is too English,  his American accent was  dire.  :gag:

yes I can remember your review about Power of the dog now.

I think you might enjoy The Sisters Brothers.  I recorded it but I’m sure it’s still on iplayer.

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

yes I can remember your review about Power of the dog now.

I think you might enjoy The Sisters Brothers.  I recorded it but I’m sure it’s still on iplayer.

I saw it on Netflix a while ago, a good film, but thankyou for the heads up. :thumbsup: