Fluorescent billboard on Parkway, in front of Magnomatics is annoying!

The side facing traffic driving OUT of Sheffield, has definitely been dialled down.

There is no discernible difference. I've driven past it several times a day, every day since this thread started, it is exactly the same as it has always been.

---------- Post added 26-03-2014 at 11:18 ----------

A Big bright bill board blocking my view as though a lorry was approaching me with all his full beam lights on.

Utter utter nonsense.

In the evening, certainly driving towards the M1, it's been useful having these billboards on with light pouring out - to make up for the number of street lights apparently out of use on that bottom stretch of the Parkway... quite often there are no lights on until the Parkway Markets turnoff... maybe it's a council cost-cutting idea...

I'm in favour of banning most outdoor advertising, as they did in São Paulo. If you choose to switch on commercial TV or open a magazine or newspaper, that's one thing, but people should be free to go about their business in public without having advertising forced on them.

Bickering removed. Start it up again and I will issue suspensions.

So, as I was saying....

The differential lighting of faced billboards is being queried

And I shall let you peeps know the outcome, when I receive a reply

Meanwhile, I'll wear shades when driving back into Sheffield of a night :cool:

---------- Post added 29-03-2014 at 15:09 ----------

I was going into town the other night on the parkway. The street lights was not on. But... what the... A Big bright bill board blocking my view as though a lorry was approaching me with all his full beam lights on

Exactly right harley

I had replied and agreed with your post earlier, before Mort did a post purge

The bright pink and white dirty dancing advert seems to be the one that is causing the most problems at the moment, although the mercury advert is pretty bright also

Let's see if the jokers at the council can perhaps get it right this time around eh ;)

---------- Post added 29-03-2014 at 15:12 ----------

I'm in favour of banning most outdoor advertising, as they did in São Paulo. If you choose to switch on commercial TV or open a magazine or newspaper, that's one thing, but people should be free to go about their business in public without having advertising forced on them.

Again, I absolutely agree with you Adam.

Well said :)

Edited by Solomon1

During the week 17-21 March it didn't seem very distracting. Last week it was, I'd say, dangerously bright. I've reported it to City Council and on fixmystreet.com

During the week 17-21 March it didn't seem very distracting. Last week it was, I'd say, dangerously bright. I've reported it to City Council and on fixmystreet.com

well done hicksy :)

The side facing traffic driving OUT of Sheffield, has definitely been dialled down.

But drove past the billboard tonight, driving back INTO Sheffield and seen a feckin mercury taxi advert blasting out!

Full on blaring white.

What's THAT all about?

I feel another letter coming on :D

yep ok going out now but still very bright on way into town. not as bad with it being on other side of the road though. doubt they'll change anything though, not ideal if you aren't aware of it.

I drove past it yesterday and thought "is that it? Is that all that ten pages of fuss is about?". These type of billboards are in most major towns in cities and have been for some years.

I drove past it yesterday and thought "is that it? Is that all that ten pages of fuss is about?". These type of billboards are in most major towns in cities and have been for some years.

Unfortunately it kinda sums up Sheffield: a town so scared of change that people still call a building "Cole Brothers" that hasn't been known as that for about a decade now.

We came past it on Friday night and the three of us all had to almost shield our eyes from it, as it was so bright. That was heading into to Town, been past today going away from Town and didn't even notice it.

It has never caused me any problems, mainly cos I do not look at it. I tend to watch the car in front rather than stare at the averagely lit sign :)

Edited by Agent Orange