Fluorescent billboard on Parkway, in front of Magnomatics is annoying!

Reply from Sheffield Council:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the digital display that has been erected adjacent to Sheffield Parkway. The installation was an upgrade to an existing hoarding and did not require advertisement consent.

However, the Advertisement Regulations include a number of standard conditions relevant to the display of all adverts, one of which requires that no advertisement shall be sited or displayed so as to endanger persons using any highway.

Yours is not the only complaint that we have received about the brightness of the display so the Planning Service has contacted the company responsible for the display and they have now reduced its luminescence.

We understand that the brightness of the display has been compounded by a fault on the street lighting columns on the Parkway at this point which has meant that the background lighting levels are not up to their usual standard. This fault has been reported and we are aiming to deal with it quickly. This should also reduce any glare from the digital display.

I hope this provides you with the reassurance that we take the safety of road users very seriously and have acted to ensure that the display does not cause ongoing issues.

Yours sincerely,

Councillor Leigh Bramall

Cabinet Member for Business, Skills & Development

Still no evidence that it endangers persons using the highway, though...

Still no evidence that it endangers persons using the highway, though...

What evidence would be sufficient for you?

Dunno, you tell me? You are one of the ones moaning about it.

Orange is quite glaring also :)

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 23:25 ----------

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the digital display that has been erected adjacent to Sheffield Parkway. The installation was an upgrade to an existing hoarding and did not require advertisement consent.

However, the Advertisement Regulations include a number of standard conditions relevant to the display of all adverts, one of which requires that no advertisement shall be sited or displayed so as to endanger persons using any highway.

Yours is not the only complaint that we have received about the brightness of the display so the Planning Service has contacted the company responsible for the display and they have now reduced its luminescence.

We understand that the brightness of the display has been compounded by a fault on the street lighting columns on the Parkway at this point which has meant that the background lighting levels are not up to their usual standard. This fault has been reported and we are aiming to deal with it quickly. This should also reduce any glare from the digital display.

I hope this provides you with the reassurance that we take the safety of road users very seriously and have acted to ensure that the display does not cause ongoing issues.

Yours sincerely,

Councillor Leigh Bramall

Pretty fair representation of the situation, I'd say.

Thanks for posting this Rich :)

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 23:26 ----------

Just put NUN on ignore Rich. They're really not worth it ;)

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 23:29 ----------

Was havin a car wesh on ecclesall road the other day, like you do....and there was a goddamned mobile billboard on the pavement....where that old car place used to be.

These ****ing things are getting everywhere! :rant:

;)

Just put NUN on ignore Rich. They're really not worth it ;)

Have you ever considered that forums may not be for you? :rolleyes:

Yours sincerely,

Councillor Leigh Bramall

I drove past the sign again this morning as I do every day, it has not reduced in brightness at all. Certainly not by any discernible amount.

What a huge surprise!

You sir, have been well and truly fobbed off ;) LOL

The Council should have treated these complaints in the same manner that the BBC treat complaints that Songs of Praise contains scenes of a sexual nature.

my goodness i read some of this thread the other day and went out of my way to have a look at this "blinding" sign all i can say is if this sign distracts you from driving YOU SHOULDNT REALLY BE ALLOWED A LICENCE should you????

Magilla

People are allowed to have an opinion that is different to yours you know :hihi:

Unless you're perhaps 4 years old?

Irony x 100