Fluorescent billboard on Parkway, in front of Magnomatics is annoying!

Just driven home past it tonight and there's a bright green advert on it now!

The white light backgrounds have been dimmed, but the green is as glaring as the old purple bluebell wood sign.

What makes you think they've dimmed certain colours but not others?

It just looks the same to me.

How are people getting on with their complaints?

Gonna chase mine up...

Make sure your monitor doesn't dazzle you or you might crash your fingers into the numerical pad!

****** me off that a private vendor was able to get planning permission for this in the first place.

Makes you wonder how much in backhanders the council have taken...

It was already a standard lit billboard before it was an LED billboard. I don't think there were any backhanders involved.

Makes you wonder how much in backhanders the council have taken...

Or how deluded you are.

I really hope these complaints get the response they deserve. Never known anything like it

Yeah, me neither noob! :hihi:

Who places private interest above road safety?

Which dimwit councillor's idea was it, to allow a bright billboard on a section of outed lighting?

:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 19:07 ----------

I mean, I know SCC hasn't half a hapenny to rub together these days, but FFS

Edited by Solomon1

Yeah, me neither noob! :hihi:

Who places private interest above road safety?

Which dimwit councillor's idea was it, to allow a bright billboard on a section of outed lighting?

:rolleyes:

You honestly think that the road lighting was faulty and has been ever since the LED board was built?

I really hope these complaints get the response they deserve. Never known anything like it.

Really? I would suggest avoiding the M62 heading east into Hull (at night) then, since there are a number of petrol stations in unlit sections of the motorway with backlit signs displaying their prices that are as bright and larger than this sign. They're also in your field of view for far far longer than this sign is.

You would imagine if it/they're as bad as you're making out the accident rate would be quite high, yet these accidents don't appear to be happening. How can this possibly be?

Edited by Magilla

What I think is the matter is that when they switch ads it makes you refocus and takes your mind off driving. Incar TVs are illegal as they can be distracting yes roadside are not. The ad I don't like at the moment is the one with a black background and green text as it makes it really hard to focus, even if it's in the side of your eye view

What I think is the matter is that when they switch ads it makes you refocus and takes your mind off driving. Incar TVs are illegal as they can be distracting yes roadside are not. The ad I don't like at the moment is the one with a black background and green text as it makes it really hard to focus, even if it's in the side of your eye view

Billboards that change ads every few seconds have been around for years and years, there is one on the junction in town where Pure Gym and McDonalds is. Another near the crown court at West Bar. This is no different.

People are clutching at straws now.

Edited by No User Name
typo

Magilla, you really should have read the whole of the post Ecconoob made....

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10339566&postcount=118

Quite so, I've clearly got the wrong end of the stick, apologies to Ecconoob.

Lets imagine it's to the OP or anyone else who thinks they're going to crash and burn when driving past this sign.

Edited by Magilla

Billboards that change ads every few seconds have been around for years and years, there is one on the junction in town where Pure Gym and McDonalds is. Another near the crown court at West Bar. This is no different.

People are clutching at straws now.

Yes but using an LED board the colours are much brighter and in your face at night. During the day I have no issues with it

Yes but using an LED board the colours are much brighter and in your face at night. During the day I have no issues with it

During the day there's the (much brighter) Sun, how do you cope with that?