Benefits Street, 9 pm, Channel 4 tonight ..

Another chapter in the attempt by the government backed media to turn the lower classes against each other.

Can we not have endless programs about CEO's making sure their companies avoid tax or MP's fiddling expenses etc.

Another chapter in the attempt by the government backed media to turn the lower classes against each other.

Can we not have endless programs about CEO's making sure their companies avoid tax or MP's fiddling expenses etc.

The govt is trying to soften us up for the future cuts to benefits that they are considering= http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/06/george-osborne-britain-cuts-austerity

It's a shame some people can't think outside the box and see this for themselves.

They weren't that skint, they all constantly had a fag on the go.

They weren't that skint, they all constantly had a fag on the go.

They edited the cigs in.

And the plasma tvs,bedrooms full of weed,joints being smoked, cans of super stregth lager,little bags of white powder,scruffy kids and kingsize blue rizlas! It must have been a speilberg movie!! Lol

And the plasma tvs,bedrooms full of weed,joints being smoked, cans of super stregth lager,little bags of white powder,scruffy kids and kingsize blue rizlas! It must have been a speilberg movie!! Lol

All edits too :D

I thought the bloke doing odd-jobs for a sandwich/beer/drugs was alright for most of it.

The 'MUM figure' said he's useless at it, and they pretty much pity him.

She thinks everything the wrong way around - and yet thinks she is clever :confused:

That bloke was doing the **** jobs that it seemed nobody else wanted to do, even with 24 hours a day to pass by. I thought good on him for creating a market for himself.

-

Undoubtedly the Guardian readers will foam at the mouth at some of the programme, it's clearly meant to show the worst of society. See what this says to you:

You could even up a little with a watch of this:

BBC Truth about immigration

Quote from the farmer: I advertised for fruit pickers locally, and 25 people applied. 11 turned up for work, and only 5 remained after a few days. 2 Polish and 3 Slovaks. No Brits lasted a week.

The foreigner said he earns £150/month as an account there, but comes here to earn £350/week fruit picking.

-

So £350/week for hard work isn't enough to entice the Brits there?

Hey Anna B, is £350 a living wage?

anyone see benifit street, yeah i wnow it was ridiculous, cringe worthy:gag: but didnt ya just love the 50p man, apparently hes had 3 job offers since monday, ggod guy:)

Quote from the farmer: I advertised for fruit pickers locally, and 25 people applied. 11 turned up for work, and only 5 remained after a few days. 2 Polish and 3 Slovaks. No Brits lasted a week.

The foreigner said he earns £150/month as an account there, but comes here to earn £350/week fruit picking.

-

Aye it is, and it is worth working 84 hours a week at NMW if the hours are there. But the work is seasonal and dependent on weather.

That said though, it's better to be able to grow your own and reap all of the profits, and it would be even better if you could grow whatever you wished without restriction.

Better still to sit on your arse and collect subsidies for owning land and economic rent mind you, but personally I think they be abolished and heavily taxed.

I thought that the guy going round trying to sell things for 50p was very clever. Hope someone sees this and he gets a decent job out of it.

wasnt he lovely hes had 3 full time job offers since monday so i read today

Undoubtedly the Guardian readers will foam at the mouth at some of the programme, it's clearly meant to show the worst of society. See what this says to you:

You could even up a little with a watch of this:

BBC Truth about immigration

-

Another one thats fallen into the trap, thats exactly what those in power want you to believe and you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Oh dear god! I watched this last night.

Why do they all think that they're owed a living? Whinging about being expected to live on just £50 a week (money for nothing in return) but yet they've all got a fag on the go. Priorities people.

but personally i think they be abolished and heavily taxed.

we know!!!