Benefits Street, 9 pm, Channel 4 tonight ..

Ha ha ... couldn't resist starting this thread before the program was aired as I am sure it will cause much debate ... apparently the residents of the street involved didn't realise what the program was going to be about. They thought C4 were filming about community spirit and how they all stick together ... ha ha ha.. Seems they not happy about being made to look like lazy so and sos who sit around all day and do nothing but drugs ... surely you cant be made to look like you do that, unless you actually do it???? Be interesting to watch ...

surely you cant be made to look like you do that, unless you actually do it???? Be interesting to watch ...

My... aren't you a credulous one. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ... couldn't resist starting this thread before the program was aired as I am sure it will cause much debate ... apparently the residents of the street involved didn't realise what the program was going to be about. They thought C4 were filming about community spirit and how they all stick together ... ha ha ha.. Seems they not happy about being made to look like lazy so and sos who sit around all day and do nothing but drugs ... surely you cant be made to look like you do that, unless you actually do it???? Be interesting to watch ...

Careful editing can make it look like anything they want...

I thought the people came across as likeable. They are just trying to get by after all. The person shoplifting can hardly be condemnend when our society is built on theft.

I think it will be interesting, (think it's on for about 5 or 6 weeks.)

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen a bit more.

Scummy people...

They thought it would be about "community spirit" yet were being filmed shoplifting, taking drugs and dossing about? Pull the other one.

Yes I'm sure careful editing made them look like they weren't going out stealing and then acting violently towards the police. Thoroughly nice blokes all round.

Well I did like Fungi, his Big Issue trick was absolute genius.

One of them said that 90%+ percent were out of work. Yet, I noticed that they edited to show100% of them didn't have enough time to tidy their houses or gardens.

Loved it when the guy out shoplifting said he had two or three kids that he missed and wanted to do his best for etc, then when he had £250 from a days "work" as he called it he rang a dealer and stuck it all up his nose and ****** it up the wall with his mate!!

Nice one mate.

Im sure your kids saw the benefit of that.

I thought that the guy going round trying to sell things for 50p was very clever. Hope someone sees this and he gets a decent job out of it.

Scummy people...

They thought it would be about "community spirit" yet were being filmed shoplifting, taking drugs and dossing about? Pull the other one.

Taking drugs and "dossing about" can all be done as part of the community, and arguably nothing much wrong with it.

Obviously shoplifting can't be defended though.