Fannys Nightclub - Owler Bar

What a great place it used to be had some great nights in there with the other Totley lads Hayden, Dean, Wraggy, Kitey used to play some great tunes and a great atmosphere and the women were ok to.

i used to go with some if my fishing mates, dale, cashmore and some others from totley and i know all those that you said

not seen newton lads for yonks, but kitey sells cars in dronfield and wraggy has unfortunately just lost a leg,we probably know each other blue9iron

The place at Owler Bar closed down for a while in early 1976 after a fire. Les and Betty Vickers re opened it about April. The manager was a bloke called Mick Lee who went on to open the Mulberry on Arundel gate.

DJs were Stuart Burnham and Wayne Chadwick. Stuart died very young, Wayne went on to found Peak Radio and owned a number of pubs.

Ron King, Fairground Frankie Jones, Russ Beamer, all regulars.

I heard Ron King went to live in Thailand, no idea about any of the others named.

Would love an update if anyone knows.

Stuart Burnham is still alive and well

and yes I do live in thailand :)

Stuart Burnham is still alive and well

and yes I do live in thailand :)

Ron, are you sure? Iwas told by a friend of sue his ex wife, if so can you pmme acontact as I would love to see him again.

is harold presley still out there?

Hi I am sure he is alive or I am speaking to a ghost :D

Harold I was told died in Thailand I think not natural causes

I hear Les vickers died any new on betty

Hi I am sure he is alive or I am speaking to a ghost :D

Harold I was told died in Thailand I think not natural causes

I hear Les vickers died any new on betty

Bloody hell, I was convinced Stuart was a gonner, sorry to hear about Harold.

Les passed some time ago I believe, have no idea about Betty, I saw last saw her about 10 years ago on Leger day at Doncaster races. Since then, despite enquiries she has never appeared on my radar.

Do you remember Wayne the DJ at Fiveways? he has done well in pubs, a radio station, and now a chain of sandwich shops.

Mick Lee (ok once you got to know him) went into the security business and did well.

Guys I totally lost contact with before I left UK (I am in USA) Steve Cheetham, Frankie Jones, Russ Beamer, great characters.

Last time I saw them was 1976, red hot summer, the moors caught fire.

Good to reminisce.

Bloody hell, I was convinced Stuart was a gonner, sorry to hear about Harold.

Les passed some time ago I believe, have no idea about Betty, I saw last saw her about 10 years ago on Leger day at Doncaster races. Since then, despite enquiries she has never appeared on my radar.

Do you remember Wayne the DJ at Fiveways? he has done well in pubs, a radio station, and now a chain of sandwich shops.

Mick Lee (ok once you got to know him) went into the security business and did well.

Guys I totally lost contact with before I left UK (I am in USA) Steve Cheetham, Frankie Jones, Russ Beamer, great characters.

Last time I saw them was 1976, red hot summer, the moors caught fire.

Good to reminisce.

Hi did you and Ron work there? do you remeber Pat, Glenn and Dennis? they worked the door at the Fleur.

I'm sure I saw Phil Lynott in there one Monday night @ 1984.Anyone know if this is true or did he have a lookalike?

I'm sure I saw Phil Lynott in there one Monday night @ 1984.Anyone know if this is true or did he have a lookalike?

Might have been one of the Bailey brother's .

Used to go up from Bradway with Tiffer and Gwill..

Also used to go there and Michelle's bar then up to Fanny's.