Fannys Nightclub - Owler Bar

Does Martin still have his hair like Lionel Blair ?.

Does Martin still have his hair like Lionel Blair ?.

You are kidding aren't you? last time I saw him he had has much hair as a barbers badger!

What a great place it used to be had some great nights in there with the other Totley lads Hayden, Dean, Wraggy, Kitey used to play some great tunes and a great atmosphere and the women were ok to.

I was there.

When my pals and i got fed up with going to Josephines,it was fannys everytime.

I always thought the girls were a bit more classy.

Well that was 2 of us sure it seemed busier than that, can remember been snowed in up there and walking back home through knee deep snow back down to Totley.

Well that was 2 of us sure it seemed busier than that, can remember been snowed in up there and walking back home through knee deep snow back down to Totley.

When i first saw your post,the song that sprang to mind was "reet petite the finest girl you ever wanna meet" Haha! Some things/songs from certain venues just stick in one's mind.

We had a fair track to get there (Waterthorpe)

The songs I remember are Human league and Soft cell.Used to stand in the corner next to the dj and request songs all night.

My OH's band played a gig at Fanny's a couple of years ago. It was fun trying to fit everybody in around the pool table though.

Yes I was there too, used to meet pals from Chesterfield there. They did decent food too as I remember? only ate there once, on a first date.

Had some good nights, oh how time flies.

Yes food was good served by Alan the head waiter with yhe dodgy French accent in the restraunt or you could eat in the night club were the food was served in little white plastic weave bowls , very 80,s.