Fannys Nightclub - Owler Bar

Yes, remember fanny very well, was a bit of a trek to get there tho'. Think they filled Tiswoz there once.

yes they did film the dance sequence for a tiswas show there, then the staff went on the following saturday to the programme and went in the cage

yes they did film the dance sequence for a tiswas show there, then the staff went on the following saturday to the programme and went in the cage

Haha knew I hadn't dreamed that one up! :D

Ahh yes Monday night at fannys used to go up with the staff from the woodstock a great night out.

Hi

I just started a new job and the Marketing Director is a guy called Martin Kemp - now lives in Cheshire but an ex Sheffield lad like me.

We stayed at the same hotel last night and started to swap stories about old Sheff and I mentioned this site, which he had never heard of.

He wondered if anyone would remember him - he did quite a bit but he did say that he was DJ at Fannys/Fiveways during the time Les Vickers owned the place

So...can anyone recall Martin?

I worked and lived in at fiveways motel and also at Fannies when Les and Betty bought it back, vaguely remember his name but cannot remember what he looked like.I work for the Vickers for over 20 yrs,I know Les is no longer with us ,but does anyone know what has happened to Betty?I was great friends with her ,Cindy and Christine and Barry, if anyone has any news of them, I would love to know

Martin Kemp was in the same class as me at school, when he left school he went to work at the co-op in town on the electrical department.

His interest in music started when he and myself started a school radio station at lunch times, I soon lost interest but he kept doing it, he was the DJ at Fanny's for a while.

I also knew his brothers Mick and Chris and he also had a brother I think was called Steven, they lived on Lingfoot crescent on the Jordanthorpe estate.

Edited by spoton

Martin Kemp was in the same class as me at school, when he left school he went to work at the co-op in town on the electrical department.

His interest in music started when he and myself started a school radio station at lunch times, I soon lost interest but he kept doing it, he was the DJ at Fanny's for a while.

I also knew his brothers Mick and Chris and he also had a brother I think was called Steven, they lived on Lingfoot crescent on the Jordanthorpe estate.

Mick (chatting) Kemp a good lad last I heard he was living near Croydon

I was Martin's best mate while he was at Fanny's nightclub, he used to go out with a really stunning blonde girl, (name fails me) I used to look after the decks for him while he went to the bar/toilet. If anyone knows his whereabouts I would love to get in touch with him.

I was Martin's best mate while he was at Fanny's nightclub, he used to go out with a really stunning blonde girl, (name fails me) I used to look after the decks for him while he went to the bar/toilet. If anyone knows his whereabouts I would love to get in touch with him.

Mommy

Like I said Martin is now the Marketing Director of the company where I work. I have just sent him a text passing on your request.

That blonde lass was best friends with Alison and they were from Dronfield, she had quite a few boyfriends.

Martin left Sheffield for a while - went to live in Nottingham / then London then Buckinghamshire and finally moved back to the North. I've been in touch with him several times - runs a couple of businesses and works for a telecoms company too.

Fanny's was the tops I remember it well, Georgio used to be the restuarant manager and a guy called TED 'Marvellous' was GM for some time - Italian bloke with an Alsation called 'Bosch' and could destinguish Park Drive from Woodbines!!!! Brilliant times - there was also a guy called Alan (white Jamaican fella) lovely lad who used to sneak a few beers across the room from time to time.

Anyone remember SPIKE? A guy called Kevin Maloney, used to live in Ecclesall - a big music freak always funking out to CHIC - Le Freak on his air guitar! Daft as a bat but a top guy - I would like to trace this bloke and buy him a long island iced tea!!!

Whay happened to Jonathan Charles????

Mick Kemp now lives down south with the family - done really, really well for himself, all the family have it's hard work paid off!