Where to buy real Xmas trees

hi check out heely city farm you can rent 1

Loads at B&Q on queens road. Different sizes - most cut - some growing in pots.

i always pick my own, nudge nudge wink wink say no more

Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a real Christmas tree a good quality one ?.

I am in North of Sheffield near to Barnsley & Rotherham.

Thank you :)

'Bit far for Sheffielders, but we got ours from Egmanton this year, as their nursery is extremely well stocked with many different types. Pick it in the nursery, they then cut it down and net it. Reasonable prices too, £45 for a blue 9 footer (a surprising lot of which did fit in the 'preza wagon!)

We've often bought it from B&Q or Morrisons in years gone by, but in the last 2 years the quality seems to have dropped quite considerably, and I'm quite sure the one we got last year had been cut a long time before they went for sale. For a blue, it wasn't taking any water in, and was constantly losing needles within a couple of days of being bought.

Edited by L00b

I have been buying my Xmas tree from this website for the last 6 years and I have never had any issues with the quality of the tree and or delivery.

I used to get a 9 foot Nordman Fir, but for the last few years I have ordered a 9 foot Fraser Fir instead.

http://www.xmastreesales.co.uk

We usually get ours from Birley Moor Garden Centre. Hopefully going to pick one on Saturday :)

Does anyone know where to get the ones with flat wooden bases this year?

Edited by diamondlady

Tree Amigos sell trees at Morrisons and they have a stall on Fargate at Boots/ Cathedral end. Think they contribute to Sheffield Children's Hospital.

I've purchased a tree from Catcliffe Morrisons for the past two years and have been pleased with my tree!

We get ours from Horsfields Nursery, at Pot House Hamlet in Silkstone.

They grow their own and if you are early enough will let you up into their fields to pick your own and they will chop it for you, otherwise they chop loads and have them to choose outside their nursery shop.

They have never dropped any needles as they are chopped fresh. I guess some trees on the market have been chopped for weeks in advance as before I started getting my trees from here we have tried lots of places and they all went crispy by Christmas! They have different types and sizes etc, from 1ft to really huge and I mean huge!! way bigger than my house

Please only buy xmas tree's that can be planted back in the ground once you have used them.

It makes me sick to think people have a cut tree in the house then just throw it out after they have used it!