Yorkshire multi-millionaire businessman backs UKIP

This is just an opinion of mine. But, how come some people in this world, when they have earned enough, they use that money to give back to society and to others? Some turn their money into sponsorship and do goods for the next generation. Why are there people who play silly politics and use their money to gain more fame or to benefit themselves ? What actually is the catch here ? Imagine just a handful of sponsorships or apprenticeships set up, or to even open a start up or be angel investors, the economy can be saved.

If he reinvest the money back into the local economy, then I am sure that he can get an OBE from the Queen. He should be knighted too.

they don't represent my views and i'm normal, well as normal as anyone on here anyway

Krupp, Kirdorf, Stinnes, Klockner, Mannesmann, Friedrich Flick, Otto Wolf and Goering. All represented the views of a certain individual over half a century ago (intelligent too)...and all prospered immensely at the cost of Jews.

Sorry to use the word "Jews" on your thread southcoast.

The op somehow believes that because you're intelligent (making money) instantly qualifies you as intelligent (making political choices) as one and the same, regardless of the story having any authenticity or not.

Then we should invest in our own not throw them on the dole!

Oh please. have you heard yourself?

We do invest in our own, there's thousands of jobs in this country, hundreds of thousands even, failing that there's the opportunity to go to school,college and uni, become self employed etc etc etc.

Going on the dole perpetually is a choice (and fair do's to those that want to)

If you can't get a job in this country your simply not trying hard or smart enough.

And your argument against migrants is really frail, If yer average roma gypsy can come here and find work within a few weeks and a brit kid can't...

hmmm

Gypsy v's someone who's had nigh on the absolute pinnacle of good fortune by simply being born here in the first place.

Has had untold thousands upon thousands of pounds thrown at them by the british government via schooling and education and health care and good will and peace and order, with equality coming out the jacksie & so on & so on.

Then to try and blame it on a bloody ill educated migrant from a third world corrupt country half the world away, 'stealing' their crappy less-than-minimum wage job from them.

please.

NSFW mirrors my opinion quite closly.

I'm more ****** about the likes of norwich union who simply turf 1000's out of jobs to employ in india at a pittance. That's worth getting angry about as that company was built within our society and by our society and then abandons many who worked for it for more profit.

Edited by psynuk

That's brilliant ! Thanks for sharing.

3:45 onwards is awesome :hihi:

American and paraphrasing but the gist is there.....

"Some guy has smuggled himself over the border, can't speak English, doesn't even have shoes but you're worried he's as qualified as you are for your job ?

Just gonna put dot dot dot for the rest of that, watch it - it's great :-)

This is just an opinion of mine. But, how come some people in this world, when they have earned enough, they use that money to give back to society and to others? Some turn their money into sponsorship and do goods for the next generation. Why are there people who play silly politics and use their money to gain more fame or to benefit themselves ? What actually is the catch here ? Imagine just a handful of sponsorships or apprenticeships set up, or to even open a start up or be angel investors, the economy can be saved.

If he reinvest the money back into the local economy, then I am sure that he can get an OBE from the Queen. He should be knighted too.

Good point, once someone has earned so much money they can live comfortably for the rest of their lives...that's the time to start giving back most of your income.

Yorkshire multi-millionaire businessman Paul Sykes is backing UKIP, promising to do whatever it takes to get UKIP into top spot at next years European elections.

Mr Sykes made £280m from the sale of Meadowhall, and in 2010 was worth £650m, ranked Britain's 26th richest person.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10455937/Paul-Sykes-I-want-to-set-Britain-free-from-the-EU.html

One in the eye for those that constantly deride UKIP supporters as unintelligent and the like.

I had a newsletter from UKIP today....party membership passed 32,000 for the first time :)

I see UKIP have an endorsement from the highly acclaimed actress Joan Collins, and the much loved TV chef Rusty Lee - what more proof does one need?