Unregistered off road bikes (dangerously) used on the road

Gordon Bennet I couldn`t believe what I saw yesterday at about 4.00PM. I was in a Q for the lights just above Wadsley Bridge (the actual rail bridge) going down towards Leppings Lane, it was starting to go dark, when an off road bike came straight up the middle of the two lines of traffic doing about 20mph. Now 20mph is fast when the imbecile is missing everyone`s wing mirrors by literally inches. A few seconds later a second one came through at the same ridiculous speed, and then another one. But what was even more incredible is that all three just sailed through the light on red at full speed !It was difficult to see because it was bit dark and they were going do fast but I don`t think they had registration plates.

Does anyone know :

Where they`re from ? (It can`t be the PX/Shirecliffe council estate because they were heading in the opposite direction, it was about to go dark, and they had no lights)

How old they are ?

How many brain cells they`ve got ? It can`t be many, have they ever imagined what it`d be like to lose a limb or two ? They wouldn`t be pulling many "birds" down the night clubs then would they ? Or they could end up paralysed having a nurse wiping their bottoms for the rest of their lives, that`s not quite so exciting is it ?

Edited by Justin Smith

I think we might have seen the same 3 at around 5:30 yesterday, on Ecclesfield Road just heading out of Chapeltown. It was fully dark then and not one of them had lights on.

I think we might have seen the same 3 at around 5:30 yesterday, on Ecclesfield Road just heading out of Chapeltown. It was fully dark then and not one of them had lights on.

I`m amazed they still had 12 limbs between the 3 of them by then.....

I`m assuming they`re "youths", if so how did they manage to afford the bleedin` bikes anyway ? What kind of parent buys any child an off road bike when they don`t (apparently) know where they`re riding it ? I`ll be honest, I don`t actually agree with parents spending that much on any child, but it`s even worse when they`re encouraging their own kids to do something anti social at best and illegal at worst. And that`s before you remember they`re helping put their own child in danger.

Edited by Justin Smith

Gordon Bennet I couldn`t believe what I saw yesterday at about 4.00PM. I was in a Q for the lights just above Wadsley Bridge (the actual rail bridge) going down towards Leppings Lane, it was starting to go dark, when an off road bike came straight up the middle of the two lines of traffic doing about 20mph. Now 20mph is fast when the imbecile is missing everyone`s wing mirrors by literally inches. A few seconds later a second one came through at the same ridiculous speed, and then another one. But what was even more incredible is that all three just sailed through the light on red at full speed !It was difficult to see because it was bit dark and they were going do fast but I don`t think they had registration plates.

Does anyone know :

Where they`re from ? (It can`t be the PX/Shirecliffe council estate because they were heading in the opposite direction, it was about to go dark, and they had no lights)

How old they are ?

How many brain cells they`ve got ? It can`t be many, have they ever imagined what it`d be like to lose a limb or two ? They wouldn`t be pulling many "birds" down the night clubs then would they ? Or they could end up paralysed having a nurse wiping their bottoms for the rest of their lives, that`s not quite so exciting is it ?

I regularly encounter them on Blackstock Road. It's like swatting flies. You only have to hit them once.

3 motorbikes with no lights, no plates riders with no helmets wearing dark clothing riding around in Shiregreen on Thursday about 8.30pm all 3 went through red lights at Hadfield House Lane/Shiregreen Lane.

No respect for any other road users or pedestrians.

:mad:

3 motorbikes with no lights, no plates riders with no helmets wearing dark clothing riding around in Shiregreen on Thursday about 8.30pm all 3 went through red lights at Hadfield House Lane/Shiregreen Lane.

No respect for any other road users or pedestrians.

:mad:

More to the point, as far as they might be concerned, no imagination as to what might happen to them, more specifically, to their limbs.

Well, since the OP, they seem to have found some new friends, as there are now 5 of them. At about 4 pm yesterday (Friday), a group rode along Penistone Road, past the Wednesday ground, heading towards town. No sign of any number plates on the rear of any of them, and no lights. All speeding, and a couple of them doing wheelies as they passed.

I don't know how old they are. 4 of the bikes looked to be full size, but smallish capacity, but one looked to have smaller wheels but I'm not sure. All looked to be dirty, so had probably been off road.

Edit. ...and like in the OP, passing between the two lanes of cars at speed.

Edited by Eater Sundae

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they were to all crash into a big wall....

Testicles are descending earlier now we have no dedicated SYP chopper. There's a minute chance of getting caught if you know the patch.

No..not really.

They ain't wandering about with knives looking for trouble or other serious offences.

They are just stupid ....putting their lives at risk..yes.

The only offence they are committing is covered by the traffic laws......

It would be fantastic if they were caught, fined, and the bikes confiscated.

But crash into a big wall?

I wouldn't go that far, but I would like them off the public roads.

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks, but I think I remember a news item of a few weeks ago, where a m/cycle ridden by an underage lad collided with a car, somewhere in sheffield. I've not heard anything about it since, so I'm not so sure now.

No..not really.

They ain't wandering about with knives looking for trouble or other serious offences.

They are just stupid ....putting their lives at risk..yes.

The only offence they are committing is covered by the traffic laws......

It would be fantastic if they were caught, fined, and the bikes confiscated.

But crash into a big wall?

No, neither would I....BUT it's not only their own lives they are putting at risk.