Moving to Sheffield Shortly.

I think you can already pick up the Sheffield suburb loyalty coming through.

We don't know what you regard as a good element. Come and stay a while before deciding.

If your a 'fit billy' we have 5 parkruns.

Hillsborough Park

Graves Park

Manor Fields (Sheffield Castle parkrun)

Concord Park

Endcliffe Park (Sheffield Hallam parkrun) very busy 400'ish

..............................................................unashamed plug for parkrun

Thanks for all your comments guys. This website is fantastic. So many different things to consider now which is great. I do not have a start date yet but will let you know what we decide to do. I think the key thing for us to do is to spend some significant time up there and explore all the areas mentioned both at day and at night.

You'll get a small flat for £700 a month rent & it'll take forever to go anywhere at rush hour.

Try S2, S12, S13.

We had a fairly spacious three bedroom terrace on Onslow Road next to Endcliffe Park for £695 a month in 2010. That's in S11.

Have the rents gone up so much in three years?

I wouldn't live in S12 or S13 as they're out in or towards the townships and all a bit grim. I'd live in Heeley and Highfield in S2, but it's inner city and the OP said they didn't want city centre and noisy. The rest of S2 is Arbourthorne, Manor, Wybourn and Park Hill - some of the worst areas of Sheffield by any measure of social deprivation.

Edited by Nagel

West is considered the best area of Sheffield however Bradfield falls under s6 and is beautiful but far out in my opinion. Some other parts of s6 are ok if you get parking or find somewhere in permit zones. I personally don't like most of s6 though, I find it too busy. Sharrow is hit and miss. Some parts are great and some are less salubrious. Call round to any house at varying times of nights if you can. Crookes and walkey are nice too. Enjoy your move.. My neighbour has a house in grey stones possibly to rent so message me if interested no idea of costs or when available from though x

We had a fairly spacious three bedroom terrace on Onslow Road next to Endcliffe Park for £695 a month in 2010. That's in S11.

Have the rents gone up so much in three years?

I wouldn't live in S12 or S13 as they're out in or towards the townships and all a bit grim. I'd live in Heeley and Highfield in S2, but it's inner city and the OP said they didn't want city centre and noisy. The rest of S2 is Arbourthorne, Manor, Wybourn and Park Hill - some of the worst areas of Sheffield by any measure of social deprivation.

Bro, you slatin Wybourn ?

You wanna say that to my face ? :hihi:

Norfolk Park isn't bad now. Park Hill has been redeveloped. There are new builds on 'Manor now, most of the bad housing round there was levelled years ago. Some parts of Heeley are OK. Nowt wrong with Wybourn or Arbourthorne either. S12 is Gleadless out towards Birley, includes Ridgeway, Charnock, none of it is bad, I've no idea what townships you're referring to, it's not Soweto. S13 is Handsworth.

Edited by anywebsite