Moving to Sheffield Shortly.

Thanks for the info very helpful. We like this house because the size suits our budget.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 19:35 ----------

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that you have settled in well. We love Netheredge but the house price are a bit out of our price range unfortunately.

I live just next to this estate in a smaller new build bit and we love it. As you say good links into town. Both the x5 and x14 get to town in just over 20 mins outside of rush area and both run late enough to warrant a night out.

The area is very quiet, the only thing to watch out for is that the estate you are moving to is often used by the school kids as a cut-through. Now the kids are fine, but often a bit noisy in the mornings as kids are so it might be worth a look between 8-8.45 in the morning to see if it would affect/bother you.

Apart from that, there's a great butchers no more than a 5 min walk from where you are and cheap booze from Del's. Sadly the only 'larger' shop is overpriced Co-Op but it's better than nothing.

All in all, I am very glad I moved here and I prefer it to Killamarsh where I lived before. I also lived out in Nether Edge, but Sharrow end of it and had I not needed to move for my partners work I'd probably still just prefer to live there but it'd be close!

Did you know that despite having a Sheffield address, Aston is in Rotherham? This may or may not bother you but it is best to know beforehand. The place itself is like many others - some good, some bad areas. You just have to walk around yourself at different times of the day and make your own mind up. Crime statistics are online, as are Offsted reports and anything else you care to check out.

BTW transport links might be good but at busy times I would imagine that the bus journey will not be exactly a short one as it has to go through some busy areas to get into Sheffield. Only you know what you require of an area and property so it is best to make a list of what is important to you. For instance, if you like going out at night, there is not much at Aston so you will have to travel.

Thanks for you reply CCIT.

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 20:09 ----------

I live just next to this estate in a smaller new build bit and we love it. As you say good links into town. Both the x5 and x14 get to town in just over 20 mins outside of rush area and both run late enough to warrant a night out.

The area is very quiet, the only thing to watch out for is that the estate you are moving to is often used by the school kids as a cut-through. Now the kids are fine, but often a bit noisy in the mornings as kids are so it might be worth a look between 8-8.45 in the morning to see if it would affect/bother you.

Apart from that, there's a great butchers no more than a 5 min walk from where you are and cheap booze from Del's. Sadly the only 'larger' shop is overpriced Co-Op but it's better than nothing.

All in all, I am very glad I moved here and I prefer it to Killamarsh where I lived before. I also lived out in Nether Edge, but Sharrow end of it and had I not needed to move for my partners work I'd probably still just prefer to live there but it'd be close!

Thanks for you reply SGT. Unfortunately we have missed out on that house. However there is one around the corner that could be a possibility. What you are saying sounds very positive. I'll take into account what you said about the school children.