What Makes You Happy?

I used to love making music, getting to the end of a DIY project, putting the last coat of varnish on a table as I was finishing it, the wind in my hair when out on a bike or trike, finishing a really complicated jumper and thinking 'I did that' and a whole load of other things, but sadly I can't do any of them any more.

Now I do struggle to find things which are unalloyed happiness. What I mostly have is happiness tinged with a reminder of all of the things that I'd like to do but can't.

I enjoy baking but can no longer roll out the marzipan to go on the cakes and can't hold an icing bag steady enough to ice anything at all so everything looks reassuringly 'home made'. I like cooking but am lethal with a knife in my wrong hand and my wrist isn't strong enough to pick up pans.

I am a more satisfied and less neurotic person than I was before I was ill, but it's taken a long time to get here and life is too much of a hard and painful struggle to be HAPPY for most of the time.

I used to love making music, getting to the end of a DIY project, putting the last coat of varnish on a table as I was finishing it, the wind in my hair when out on a bike or trike, finishing a really complicated jumper and thinking 'I did that' and a whole load of other things, but sadly I can't do any of them any more.

Now I do struggle to find things which are unalloyed happiness. What I mostly have is happiness tinged with a reminder of all of the things that I'd like to do but can't.

I enjoy baking but can no longer roll out the marzipan to go on the cakes and can't hold an icing bag steady enough to ice anything at all so everything looks reassuringly 'home made'. I like cooking but am lethal with a knife in my wrong hand and my wrist isn't strong enough to pick up pans.

I am a more satisfied and less neurotic person than I was before I was ill, but it's taken a long time to get here and life is too much of a hard and painful struggle to be HAPPY for most of the time.

Bedders and you are soul mates!! Really sorry to read. And my keyboard is borked. I can't do certain letters :(

Kicking my shoes off after a long day, looking back at old photos, loving the people in my life and knowing they love me back, smelling a dinner cooking, watching storms and heavy rain while wrapped up warm indoors, and escaping into my own little world with my headphones on listening to the music I love

Imagining Pink using me as a space hopper whilst she sings to me.

Imagining Pink using me as a space hopper whilst she sings to me.

clinging to your ears? :huh:

Which model do you have?

Mgf...bought it last year, previouslt had bgt.

My family. Plain and simple. My little girl's smile could brighten the worst day for me.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The same to me, my lovely baby boy makes me happy. A considerate husband, a healthy and happy son, that is enough for me. They are my world.:)

Being with my sons, shopping, waking up to a nice sunny day, the sun on my back, London, a good book, and a bit of 'slap and tickle';)

Being with my sons, shopping, waking up to a nice sunny day, the sun on my back, London, a good book, and a bit of 'slap and tickle';)

Oooo, dirty girl :hihi:

When the postman (get stuffed PC brigade) brings me items that I have won on Ebay for next to nothing ..... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :hihi:

wine woman and song from the beatles is good.